BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Asia » Philippines

Subject: Exploratorium - Closer Families, Brighter kids rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Kenner Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

Just want to update you that Gaming Library, together with the Philippine board game community is going to organize the first board game convention of its kind!

Details can be seen here. Currently a work in progress :

https://www.facebook.com/Exploratorium.GL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ice frost
Philippines
Cebu
Cebu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xtriker47 wrote:
Hey guys,

Just want to update you that Gaming Library, together with the Philippine board game community is going to organize the first board game convention of its kind!

Details can be seen here. Currently a work in progress :

https://www.facebook.com/Exploratorium.GL

arrrh waiting for this.... excited....

Hi, already subscribe hopefully you host also at cebu city, philippines....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Kenner Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
We'll see but hopefully you can join us in manila. We're still trying to build the board game community here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ice frost
Philippines
Cebu
Cebu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in las pinas, quezon and cainta with this sched.

Nov 8-11, Hopefully i could drop by and see you guys playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Castro
Philippines
flag msg tools
Can't wait! Enjoyed your last 2 events. This is bound to be bigger. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ice frost
Philippines
Cebu
Cebu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
been to iloilo gen luna... i saw some playikng the magic card at the riverside hotel....

twin tower is selling bg's and cards..... facing mang inasal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Kenner Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
Families are always looking for new ways to enjoy time together, especially on weekends. Shopping malls have been a part of family weekends for the longest time.

However, much of the mall has been designed to delight one member of the family at a time - mom, with her shopping, or dad, with sports and gadgets, or the kids, with the toy and entertainment section. Only cinemas and food establishments really excite families as a group.

We want to take the crowd-drawing success of the “All Aboard: Open Gaming Meet” and design a new event to delight and excite families. Through board games, we want them to discover and learn. We want them to have fun. Most importantly, we want them to do it together.

The program will be an interactive, family-friendly learning experience designed around three elements: (1) an informative gallery, (2) quick play demonstration areas, and (3) regularly scheduled learning events.

The Informative Gallery is a space with displays of tabletop games grouped under skill themes - cooperation, critical thinking, making friends, creative expression, historical appreciation, and others. Supplementary materials, such as books, videos, and helpful guides will accompany the displays. As a whole, the gallery is designed to give Exploratorium goers a strong impression of boardgames as a learning platform, all in a compact 10-15 minute stopover.

For families with more time on their hands, Exploratorium will have quick-play demonstration areas. Here, games that are on display at the Informative Gallery are already set-up and ready to play on well-spaced and comfortable tables. Each game for will take no longer than an hour to experience. s Family-friendly guides will be there to teach and help families learn and enjoy an hour of interactive boardgaming.

Exploratorium will also have eight unique must-see scheduled activities that will be definite attractions for people to go to Robinson’s Galleria. Four activities are scheduled on each day, at two hour intervals (1:00pm, 3:00pm, 5:00pm, and 7:00pm). Activities include film viewings, lectures, interactive workshops - all designed to look at boardgames as a learning experience for the family. Credible trainers, educators, and experts will be handling these activities.

Venue:
Robinson’s Galleria, 3rd Floor, Sports Loop Section. Open area fronting Adidas all the way to fronting Olympic Gold, and around corner. Expanded area to cater to a larger target audience, and activity area. Event hours from 10:00am until 8:00pm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roz Valdez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Congrats Hans!
I'm sure this is going to be a hit!

I'm not sure if I'll be free this weekend but I want to go. Is it required to preregister or can I just drop in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Kenner Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
you can simply drop in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ice frost
Philippines
Cebu
Cebu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think most of the geeks are hospitable.....

coz they love to play as much as they can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.