$10.00
D&D&F S&R&S
Germany
flag msg tools
The Galaxy Trucker Anniversary Edition will be available at a lot of dealers world wide in the next weeks.

For example Heidelberger will release a German edition in November 2012.

Therefore it is not very clever to buy this edition for a very high price here at the Marketplace.

Be patient and wait for the dealers world wide. Most of them will offer this Anniversary Edition with free shipping options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I personally hate the people that buy a game thinking they can sell it for more afterwards. Of course selling/trading a game you did not like is fine, but speculating with your hobby....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
I agree. I personally hate the people that buy a game thinking they can sell it for more afterwards.

I really appreciate it when people do this. Sometimes I want a game now that's hard to get, and I don't mind paying $20 or $30 extra for that. (That's less than taking my family to a movie!) It's nice that people serve that market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Heraklion
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah right... that's exactly their purpose, to serve the market shake

you could take your family to the movies, and buy the game next month for it's standard price. It's just my opinion ofcourse, you can spend your money anyway you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titos wrote:
yeah right... that's exactly their purpose, to serve the market shake

Yes. Why else would someone buy an early copy of a game and resell it? They are trying to find someone who values early access enough to pay for it, so the buyer comes out ahead (having the game now is worth more than a few buck markup) and the seller also comes out ahead (they made a profit on the exchange). That's how markets work, they find mutually beneficial transactions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Heraklion
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree my friend, it's all about how marketing works and profit. I just disagree with this policy for not OOP or rare stuff. That's why I say that "serve" is not the right word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titos wrote:
I agree my friend, it's all about how marketing works and profit. I just disagree with this policy for not OOP or rare stuff. That's why I say that "serve" is not the right word.

If I'm happy because I got the game when I wanted it, and someone else is happy because they made a few dollars selling it to me, then why do you care?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Heraklion
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't care. I told you, it's your money you can spend them as you like. As you wrote your opinion here about how you appreciate this kind of marketing, I wrote that I don't. That's all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bear
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ha, greece versus america. I think it could be boiled down to "greece already knows the consequences to kapitalism"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Titos wrote:

If I'm happy because I got the game when I wanted it, and someone else is happy because they made a few dollars selling it to me, then why do you care?

He might care if he's unable to acquire a copy at what he considers to be a reasonable price due to speculators buying up the stock.

This is hypothetical but not outside the realm of possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
He might care if he's unable to acquire a copy at what he considers to be a reasonable price due to speculators buying up the stock.

Well, that's true, but if he claims it's not worth $20 extra to him to get the game earlier, and it is worth $20 extra to me, then he should be happy that the game is ending up in the hands of the person who cares more about getting an early copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Price
United States
Monson
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some people like ticket scalper parasites too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.