Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christy Keele
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get the feeling I'm missing something obvious here, but my husband and I can't figure out which minions are melee and which are ranged. We understand the mice due to the weapons they have, but the minions are less clear. I assume the rats are melee because they are carrying swords? And thematically it seems like the roaches would be melee as well. Are the large minions (spider and centipede) then considered ranged?

We are looking and looking in the rulebook to try to figure this out, even though this seems really basic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on what is on the Initiative cards. Look for the Bow/Arrow vs the Sword....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the initiative card for the minion. If the icon behind the attack value is a sword, then they are melee. If it is a bow, then they are ranged. For instance, Rat Warriors are melee, but Elite Rat Warriors are ranged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Keele
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THANK YOU for the fast replies, Ray and Mathue! We get it now! Love and kisses to you both!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the Elite Rats are the only ranged minions, correct? At least through Chapter 2, unless I missed something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the bosses are ranged as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Oh Hi Marc
mbmbmbmbmb
Final clarification for me on this: If a ranged minion is in the same space as you, does it attack as normal or does it switch to a melee attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
Final clarification for me on this: If a ranged minion is in the same space as you, does it attack as normal or does it switch to a melee attack?
It attacks as normal and does not switch to melee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.