United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

What is the difference between
1) Connected units +1 strength in melee combat
2) Connected unit can perform an additional action in the initiative phase that follows its last initiative phase?

If all the attached unit does is 1 melee damage, it is essentially the same, right?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Tucker
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
Yo ho, me hearties!
badge
What is the good life?
mbmbmbmbmb
It is similar, however, it makes a difference if the unit would die before getting the second attack in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Right, the attacker might die before its second hit.

Also note a sometimes significant difference in whether the target unit dies in a single hit doing more damage (thus removing it from the board sooner), or in a second later hit (removing it from the board later).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Tucker
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
Yo ho, me hearties!
badge
What is the good life?
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there was another person's comment that said this, but I don't know where it went. If the unit is netted, and is freed in its normal phase, it would make a difference which module was attached to it. That makes 3 differences so far (the one I mentioned, the one Russ mentioned, and this one).

Things get even more complicated with ranged units, multiple damage units, etc., so the various modules are useful in different situations, and it is pretty much impossible to say that one is better than the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoshim wrote:
Well, there was another person's comment that said this, but I don't know where it went. If the unit is netted, and is freed in its normal phase, it would make a difference which module was attached to it. That makes 3 differences so far (the one I mentioned, the one Russ mentioned, and this one).

Things get even more complicated with ranged units, multiple damage units, etc., so the various modules are useful in different situations, and it is pretty much impossible to say that one is better than the other.

So if a unit says "Connected units +2 strength in Melee combat", does that mean the unit has to be a melee unit? Or will a ranged unit with no melee now become 2 melee?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Tucker
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
Yo ho, me hearties!
badge
What is the good life?
mbmbmbmbmb
Melee-boosting modules just increase the damage output of units that are already melee. They do nothing for ranged units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.