Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Hey all,

So I'm a bit confused about the whole situation, and hopefully someone can clear it up.

Before they were published, I was under the impression that:
Dixit 3 was for Europe, and it had a few cards that weren't going to make it into Journey
Dixit: Journey was a new base game for the US, and it would have a few reprints from older sets to entice new purchasers to buy the old sets. However, these cards would 'push out' 2 or 3 of the Dixit 3 cards, making importing a set of D3 necessary for those who want all the cards.

Then, Asmodee Special Cards were released. Did the disconnect between D3 and D:J not happen, and instead those cards have been released as this special set? So if I purchase D:J and the Asmodee special cards, I'll have all of them?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A follow up question I have is, why did all of this mixed up mess happen in the first place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
mb
Dixit: Journey contains 81 new cards. Dixit 3 was supposed to contain 84 new cards. That didn't happen, and D3 has the same 81 Journey has.

2 of the 3 cards in the BGG set were supposed to be in Dixit 3. The third is new to both Journey and the theoretical Dixit 3 with 84 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Elltrain wrote:
Dixit: Journey contains 81 new cards. Dixit 3 was supposed to contain 84 new cards. That didn't happen, and D3 has the same 81 Journey has.

2 of the 3 cards in the BGG set were supposed to be in Dixit 3. The third is new to both Journey and the theoretical Dixit 3 with 84 cards.

So, in short, if I purchase D:J and the 3 BGG cards, there will be no cards in D3 that I'll miss?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
mb
MattShinners wrote:

So, in short, if I purchase D:J and the 3 BGG cards, there will be no cards in D3 that I'll miss?

Correct, for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Cool, thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Runcible Spoon wrote:
A follow up question I have is, why did all of this mixed up mess happen in the first place?

There's no mess for the US version, the release of Dixit Journey was in May and it was already in our intention to release the 3 promo cards later in 2012.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan B wrote:
Runcible Spoon wrote:

There's no mess for the US version, the release of Dixit Journey was in May and it was already in our intention to release the 3 promo cards later in 2012.

Thanks for the response.

From the standpoint of being the publisher I can see that this is not a messy situation.

From the standpoint of a fan of the game it (multiple game editions that are almost the same ) is a seemingly messy situation.

If it were not then we wouldn't see multiple BGG posts revolving around the same set of topics.

So why the 3 duplicate cards? Is it for the Target audience so that you can alert them to the existence of the other editions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Stefan B wrote:
Runcible Spoon wrote:

Hey Stefan,

Thanks for jumping in to clear this up. However, can you definitively clear it up for me, please:

If I purchase Dixit: Journey (with the Dragon promo) and the BGG promo cards, will I have every card that will be released between Dixit: Journey and Dixit 3? Or are there other card(s) I'll be missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
mb
MattShinners wrote:
Stefan B wrote:
Runcible Spoon wrote:

Hey Stefan,

Thanks for jumping in to clear this up. However, can you definitively clear it up for me, please:

If I purchase Dixit: Journey (with the Dragon promo) and the BGG promo cards, will I have every card that will be released between Dixit: Journey and Dixit 3? Or are there other card(s) I'll be missing?

Is there a store that still has the dragon promo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Skoghall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan B wrote:
Runcible Spoon wrote:

As long as there are promos that are not readily available for everyone of your fans, I would call it a mess.

Besides: In Sweden you can buy both Dixit 3 and Dixit Journey without problem. If you check http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=1285431 you will notice that Dixit Journey is called "Dixit 4" and that none of the shops selling it informs you that the cards are the same as in Dixit 3. There is no way for me to know how many Dixit fans that have bought (or will buy) both of these, but I know I would have, had I not read this particular thread. So yes, I would most certainly call it a mess. Not necessarily one you created, but a mess non the less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rider
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tevildo wrote:

...you will notice that Dixit Journey is called "Dixit 4"

The Libellud web site lists the following Dixit games/sets:

Dixit
Dixit 2/ Quest
Dixit Odyssey
Dixit 3/ Journey
Dixit 4/ Origins

4 is a new set released just recently (October 2013 I think)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.