Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Vore
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any rules for solo play? my wife isn't a TNG kind of trekkie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some homebrew variants here on BGG for solo play, though I have not tried any of them. You could try the Borg cooperative scenario solo, but it's quite difficult with fewer players. It might be a hassle, but you could play that scenario using multiple decks (as if you were multiple players). Or you could play it with just one deck, but give yourself one of the stronger starships to start the game.

If your wife likes the Original Series, there's a new standalone set for TOS coming out very soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chang1701 wrote:

buy the tos version instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Sigouin
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been playing solo for a couple of weeks. I use the standard rules, with a few exceptions:
-a)Only playable with the standard Exploration scenario. Forget about the Klingon Civil War and Reunification Scenarios, since they require teams to play. And I tried one of the Borg scenarios. Got assimilated after 8 or 9 turns.
-b)When I flip a "War" Event, I put it aside and flip a new Space card.
Solo play has the advantage of familiarizing you with the rules so that when you play with friends, everything goes faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bo Patterson
United States
Longview
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chang1701 wrote:

Try these...I posted them awhile ago: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/767045/stdbg-this-versio...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.