Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb

It won't take much longer.

"The FTL drives are nearly spooled up," Lt. Gaeta declares, "Five minutes."

You don't know if you've got that long. You glance at the Admiral, then around the con. Brows are furrowed everywhere.

Suddenly, an alarm sounds.

A small but sharp voice pierces through the horn. "Radiological signature detected! The Cylons have a nuke! Estimated time until we're in range -- two minutes!"

The Admiral is firm in his response. "Then prepare one of ours. We'll have to get them before they get us."

It's not much longer when Lt. Dualla begins the countdown. "We'll be in range in 10... 9... 8 --"

Suddenly a ship of an impossibly pure white appears in between Galactica and the basestar. A strange voice cuts in immediately. "Please, human and Cylon both, we ask that you end this war. There is more to this universe than you know, and we need your assistance. I ask for an immediate ceasefire. There is much more at stake here than your trivial war."

Silence.

Lt. Dualla is the first to speak. "Sir? We are well within range. The Cylons haven't closed their weapon hatches. What are your orders?"

The Admiral makes no response. Finally, he speaks with purpose.

"Fire."

The nuke hurtles toward the basestar but not before you notice the Cylons retreating. "Sir! The Cylons have lowered their weapons!"

It's too late. With the nuke moving at such a torrid pace, it will be over in no time.

Something moves in your periphery. The white ship has moved in the path of the nuke! The nuke slams into it, blasting Galactica with blinding light. As the ship tumbles through space, getting hit with shockwave after shockwave, you think you see another Galactica through the window. It surely must be a trick of the light, you think to yourself as you descend into darkness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As part of two crews of 6, you will be going to Kobol, via Pegasus and the Cylon Fleet Board. Final Five and Personal Goal loyalties will be used -- however, the personal goals and Cylon Leader agendas may be of the variant type (not telling).

Treacherous Destiny
Quote:

The following cards have changed effects:

Broadcast Location: Reckless Skill Check: Increase the pursuit track by 1.
Human Weakness: Skill Check: This check is Reckless. Action: If at least 1 human player is in the "Brig", reduce the two highest resources by 1.
Sabotage: The Cylon player gets to choose which ship to damage.

Destiny is built and rebuilt without Treachery. Treachery discarded by humans go to Destiny. Humans do NOT receive Treachery to start the game, nor at Sleeper.

Combat 2.0 for Cylon Fleet, by Vollick1979
Quote:

Evasive Maneuvers

Play after any viper is attacked to reroll the die. If the viper is piloted, subtract 2 from the new roll OR
Play after your location has been damaged. On 8, immediately move to any non-hazardous location aboard the same ship. On 5-7, you are moved to a random non-hazardous location aboard the same ship. On 2-4, you are not sent to Sickbay but remain at the damaged location. (Note: non-hazardous does not preclude previously damaged locations.)

Maximum Firepower

Action: Play while piloting a viper to attack up to 4 times. OR Action: Play while at the Armory location to activate the Armory twice.

Defensive Formations

Movement or Action: Name a Cylon ship activation. If the next Cylon ship activation matches the named activation, ignore it.

Marines

Reckless: Choose a skill set that is positive for this skill check, it now counts negative. Combat skill cards count positive and double for this skill check. At the end of the skill check roll a die, on a 1-2 -1 population.

Roll the Hard Six

Movement or Action: While piloting a Viper (not Raptor), roll a die. On 6+, move to any space area and do that many points of damage. (Basestars damaged on 3 points, Heavy Raiders on 3, Raiders on 1, Civilian ships on 3). On 2-5, damage your Viper and you are sent to Sickbay. On 1, destroy your Viper and you are executed.

This is the only time that you may exceed the die roll limit of 8.

Skirmish (skill check icon)

Skill Check: The current player must activate either a single Raider or a Heavy Raider and activate a single unmanned Viper. The current player may choose the order in which ships are activated. Skip the activate Raider or Heavy Raider step if there are no Raiders or Heavy Raiders on the main game board.

Quote:
Political Prowess 2.0

Action: Draw 2 Quorum cards and then you may play 1 Quorum card. These Quorum cards belong to you regardless of who is actually the President.

State of Emergency 2.0

Movement or Action: Decrease the highest resource dial by 2 and the second highest resource dial by 1 (player of card breaks ties). Ignore Cylon Ship activation until either 3 Cylon Ship activations have been ignored or the fleet jumps, whichever happens first.

Secret Cylon Powers and Secret Human Powers
Spoiler (click to reveal)

"You don't seriously think I'd tell you anything about these do you?" - Vollick

Characters

Quote:
The only character I will outright change is Cain, whom we will be using the Daybreak version of. I will work with you to tweak other characters if you pick them.

BRING YOUR OWN CHARACTER is in effect. Suggest a character or make one up or bring one from Revelations or Daybreak or Ponystar Equestria or wherever and I'll likely let you use it.

Civilian ships and raider movements

Quote:
One Decoy civilian ship has been replaced with Colonial One. If drawn and destroyed, Col. 1 is damaged twice and the token is shuffled back into the pool. If destroyed in space, it will remain face up in the same sector, and may be targetted again on the next activation. Col. 1 locations can be repaired. Col. 1 will be destroyed if it sustains "four damage" (that is, if there are three damage tokens, it will survive until it is damaged again).
Food ship: One 1 pop ship has been replaced with pop/food.
No ships remaining: If a Civilian ship is required to be placed, and there are none remaining, the next revealed Cylon in player order may look at one Civilian ship and may move it one space. If there are no revealed Cylons, well… humans are probably hooped anyway, so nothing happens.
The next revealed Cylon in player order may choose to have any Raiders 3 sectors away from the nearest civilian shoot at Galactica instead of having them move. Raiders move normally until a Cylon is revealed.

Locations

Quote:
Weapons Control: Attack two different types of Cylon ships in the same space area with Galactica. Galactica hits Heavy Raiders on a roll of 6-8.

Research Lab: Discard a card, then draw 1 Tactics and 1 Engineering card.

Hidden Pursuit Track

These rules are to help prevent "gaming" the CFB.

Quote:
The pursuit track is hidden from view. A die will be rolled every time it should be increased. This roll may be modified, with higher numbers being good for humans. Rest assured that over a long period of time, the track should statistically increase at a rate equal to a single increase every time.
While there will still be 3 civilians on the Pursuit Track, their locations on the track will be scrambled every time Auto-Pursuit is reached. They may even be on the Auto-Pursuit square.
A viper in space may look at the current Pursuit track square and the locations of the civs on the track as an activation.
After Launching a successful Scout, you may look at the current Pursuit track square and the locations of the civs on the track

Additional Cylon reveals

Quote:
You are a Cylon – Can Wreak Havoc +1 Super Crisis
You are a Cylon – Can Activate Cylon Ships 1 Type of choice. If space is clear, place 1 Basestar and 2 Civilians OR increase the Pursuit Track twice.
You are a Cylon – Can Destroy Military Vessels 1 Viper, 1 Raptor
You are a Cylon – Can Destroy Civilian Ships Draw 3, destroy 1.
You are a Cylon – "Can set a Trap" - was place a bomb in any location You have visited. First who enters it - triggers the trap & the location is damaged. (Immediately after bombing proceed to the "crisis" step)

Other Miscellaneous Rules

Quote:

Complex Destiny is being used.
When a destination places Cylon Ships on the main game board they will be instead placed on the CFB and the pursuit track will be advanced a number of spaces equal to the number of Cylon Ships placed.
FTL Control: If FTL Control is activated at Blue-3 or Blue-1 and the die roll fails, instead of reducing population, draw that many civilian ships and destroy them.
Most references to a Brig Check also apply to the Airlock. Starbuck's "Insubordinate" is an exception.
Vice President: ...is considered highest in the Line of Succession in addition to being the only one targeted by Administration.
Loyalty Deck: At the end of the game, if the last card in the loyalty deck is a "You are A Cylon" card, the other Cylon can reduce all resources by 1 OR damage Galactica twice OR activate Centurions.
You may move or land a viper as an Action (normal movement costs. This does not allow you to use a "Movement:" ability).
If you are not on Galactica and are sent to Sickbay, you must discard a card.
If I can wrangle it through the Spreadsheet, there may be additional Quorum cards and Destinations.

This is the West crew, which consists of:

Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb

Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy Cleveland
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
J Chav
United States
Murray
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erratum: See below.
bob dole
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Torturer - Movement: Give a Treachery Skill Card in your hand to another human player to draw two Skill Cards from within that player's skill set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

1. oriecat:
: starting draw and location: (regular draw) Command
2. Adria:
(unmodified): 1 Politics, 1 Leadership, 1 Engineering; Hangar Deck
3. jwcleveland:
(unmodified): 1 Leadership, 1 Tactics, 1 Piloting; N/A:
4. Danath:
: 3 Tactics location: Brig
5. darthbalmung:
: 1 Treach, 1 Eng, Human Fleet
6. markino:
: 2 Politics 1 Tactics, Office[/q]

I want to sleep! But I also want to get this going.

I can't do it. I'm done for the night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I feel bad for calling you a slacker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Murray
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the lines of succession?

I'm guessing Tory is President?

Helo CAG and Admiral?

Man Niska is kind of scary...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Murray
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I have this right that Niska once infiltrated can use his ability to add a treachery to the destiny deck AND draw two cards???

Wow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only on his turn (actually that bit is redundant, as a Movement ability can only be done on your turn anyway). It does seem a little powerful though; at least his OPG is kinda weak...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Actually, I'm pretty sure that a movement ability can be used on an XO, since the wording of the XO is take a move and an action or 2 actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, moving is different from using the Movement step on your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah, ok. Silly me.

Also, I will be so very amused if Niska gets a humans win agenda since it's hard to imagine him being anything but a bad guy. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Murray
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'Pegasus Rulebook p. 9' wrote:
Movement powers are abilities that a player may use during the Movement step of his turn in lieu of moving. A player may either move or use a Movement ability during his Movement step, but not both. Note that a player may not use a Movement ability when he is allowed to move during someone else’s turn (such as when he has been targeted by an “Executive Order” Skill Card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't think that Niska's Movement: was made with Treacherous Destiny in mind, so I think I will change it to:

Quote:
Movement: Choose a human player. Discard a Treachery card to draw a random Skill Card from that player's hand and force him to draw a Treachery card.

Anyone want to chime in? If he's infiltrating, should his discards from that ability go into Destiny?

---

I've updated the rules with Hidden Pursuit Track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh. That's just a weaker Intimate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's Intimate? Is that Ellen's thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Six.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Murray
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think something along the lines of

Shuffle a Treachery card into the Destiny deck and draw a new card

OR

Discard a Treachery (not added to destiny) and pick a human player, you both draw a skill card of the same type from either player skill set. You may then draw one random card from that players hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh apparently that ability already exists. Clearly I don't play with Cylon Leaders. How about:

Quote:
Torturer - Movement: Give a Treachery Skill Card in your hand to another human player. Then, draw two Skill Cards from within that player's skill set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Murray
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schmloof wrote:
Oh apparently that ability already exists. Clearly I don't play with Cylon Leaders. How about:

Quote:
Torturer - Movement: Give a Treachery Skill Card in your hand to another human player. Then, draw two Skill Cards from within that player's skill set.

I like that.

Mine modified a bit below. Yours seems better.

Discard a Treachery (not added to destiny) and pick a human player, you both draw a skill card of the same type from either player skill set. If that player has more then one card, you may then draw one random card from that players hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob dole
msg tools
mbmbmb
that works

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Murray
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schmloof wrote:

Quote:

You may want to add of different skill types just like Human Fleet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It opens up questions: if he has no Treachery, is he allowed to draw two cards? (As worded, he is.) Does he need to prove that he gave a Treachery card (i.e. does he pass it face-up or face-down)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob dole
msg tools
mbmbmb
markino wrote:
It opens up questions: if he has no Treachery, is he allowed to draw two cards? (As worded, he is.) Does he need to prove that he gave a Treachery card (i.e. does he pass it face-up or face-down)?

Honor system+mod means that it being a treachery is guarenteed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha, can you imagine in a F2F game and someone goes "Hey, that's not a treachery!... oh wait... no, no I didn't want one anyway... "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Danath wrote:
You may want to add of different skill types just like Human Fleet.

Disagree. Since it has the limitation of within the other person's skill set, I think it's perfectly reasonable as is.

markino wrote:
If he has no Treachery, is he allowed to draw two cards? (As worded, he is.)

I agree. I would go with

Quote:
Torturer - Movement: Give a Treachery Skill Card in your hand to another human player to draw two Skill Cards from within that player's skill set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's fine PBF, but I wouldn't recommend playing with such a system in F2F. No other character has restrictions on face-down transferal of any kinds of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [66] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.