Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Soares
Portugal
Galiza, S. Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi!

Rules say that when a dryad comes in play, a new dungeon rank is created and another monster enters the new rank.
This new monster could be another dryad and the next and the next... as there are more than 3 dryads.
Does this mean that there can be more than say 6 ranks on the dungeon hall?
Am I missing something on the rules?

Thanks

Pedro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yes. Dryads do not count toward the requirement of 3 filled ranks, so fill the hall until there are three non-Dryads in the hall. Depending on what remains in the dungeon deck, this could mean up to 13 ranks in the hall (if all ten Dryads are in the hall at the same time, and there are enough remaining monsters to fill the other three ranks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dryads are my least favourite monster randomizer to draw, just because of the extra Ranks. Having seen a 9 Rank dungeon, I keep dreading another one is about to show up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
designer
Dam the Man wrote:
Dryads are my least favourite monster randomizer to draw, just because of the extra Ranks. Having seen a 9 Rank dungeon, I keep dreading another one is about to show up.

Other than when mixed with monsters with global effects, I think it only makes the game easier. It gives the players more choices, especially when they have an excess of attack/light, and it allows some of the rangers to really shine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but if you get those tougher Dryads in the top two Ranks (several have 10+ Health), the easier monsters are in Ranks 4 or deeper, but it doesn't help much when you're looking at -8 Attack (+2 for every Light), without even considering the monsters Health. Darkspawn (don't leave the dungeon unless defeated) and/or Steam Torment (no monster leaves unless defeated) are deadly comboes with Dryads. More choices is nice, but I've found having 8 monsters out means you're at best able to kill one. Although, Dryads are a reason to get lvl 3 Blinds out ASAP (but of course need some way to get XP since kills are few and far between). Dryads are pretty much the only monster group I actively dislike, rest of them I'm fine with. Plus, Dryads totally mess up the board (which only has three Ranks).

Oh, and Dryads didn't come in WotE, did they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
designer
Dam the Man wrote:
Oh, and Dryads didn't come in WotE, did they?

Right. Could a moderator please move this thread to the Heart of Doom expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Soares
Portugal
Galiza, S. Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you all guys. Sorry if posted at wrong place...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Thunderstone: Heart of Doom : Rules

No worries easily fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.