Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Rutyna
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either there is something BASIC I'm missing in my understanding of the rules, or it is next to IMPOSSIBLE to win in this game variant.

You can't have more than 3 weapons cards in front of you, and more than likely it takes 2 or 3 of these to kill one enemy. Upon killing an enemy, the used weapons cards are "rested" (tapped), and you can't use them again till the next round.

So best case is you can kill ONE enemy per round (2 if you are VERY LUCKY). You have 6 rounds to kill all the enemies. The problem is that in the last 3 rounds you must kill 2 enemies per round. I say this is NOT POSSIBLE!!!

Please explain to me why I'm wrong.

Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever you play a new red card, it comes into play standing, and since, like, 90% of all special actions are red cards, I just told you how to win.

If it's unclear:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Let's say you have 3 resting red cards. You then play a pistolero and a rocket launcher on top of those 3 resting cards, discarding 2 of them. You now have a ready pistolero and a ready grenade launcher, and a resting red card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Rutyna
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know that its' so easy. First you have to have the red "weapons" cards in your hand, and next you have to pay for those cards by discarding other cards. Maybe I'll revisit this solo player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not easy, but possible, is all I'm saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Its not an easy thing to do... The times I won, I abused the BIZANTINE GOLD COIN effect a LOT !!! mainly to get 2 extra actions using the cards in yellow and blue, since many of the green cards are out of the game.

I dont know about the strategy of playing many red cards. Time is too short and even with the BIZANTINE GOLD COIN effect you are rather limited with the cards in hand and therefore in play.

My main strategy is trying to use the green effect in the beginning to get more cards and later to attack more than 2 times. In the last 2 turns I disposed of the 8 enemies with 4 actions each turn (using Nathan Drake of course... havent tried the rest) using the 3 one handed weapons I played in the previous turns (basic .45 defender, another .45 defender and a 92fs-9mm... +2, +2 and if 4 life or less another +2... and +3), so using Drakes effect I got another plus 2 since I was attacked mercilessly for a glorious +11 damage.

Not an easy game at all but beatable with lots of luck, and an easy character... I will let you know what happens with the others as soon as I play with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came close... I had the character Chloe Frazer, which didn't matter with her abilities since the treasure "cannot lose any life" came out right away.. I stashed a search token on turn one, and was just drawing as many cards as possible (zip wire and others), not worrying about the enemy attacks for a few turns. I had those "discard up to two red cards for +3 each" which let me kill a couple of 7 wound enemies with ease... and with a fist full of gun cards (and a few others to do +3 damage) I busted 3-4 enemies in the last 3 rounds, but just came short of the boss by about 5 damage...the enemies that discard were filtering out the green/yellow cards for me so I drew mostly red...

That treasure and the constant stream of red draws were the only things that gave me a chance, I'm sure...

Interesting enough, and seemingly very difficult - maybe 10% win rate?
I prefer the normal 2-4 player game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried the solo survival as my learning game. Yikes. After 2 false starts due to rules misunderstandings, I got a full game in. I was drawing cards as fast as I thought I could (not realizing some of the tricks mentioned here). The entire game, I didn't even draw enough red cards to put together a single attack of 7. I only got 2 red cards after my starting gun, and one of them would have required discarding more red cards to activate it.

Needless to say, I didn't kill a single enemy, and thus was crushed. I had to come on here to find out if I had done something wrong rules-wise.

I'm a fan of co-ops (and solos), but the solo/co-op mode here, with a tightly-focused puzzle-like killing gauntlet doesn't do it for me. If I'm going to keep this game, it will be for the competitive mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Gloom of Kilforth Kick Starts August 28th
badge
Gloom of Kilforth Kick Starts August 28th
mbmbmbmbmb
It just takes a few plays to figure out and you have to manipulate what treasures you can. I've beaten the solo mode with every character, even Karl and Harry. It took 20 games, so a 40% win ratio.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.