1960: The Making of the President» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gathering Momentum - Campaign Strategy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giuseppe Salvio
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is clear that this card can not be used in the strategy phase but what about this situation?
On last my turn I have this card and anotther different card. May I use the different card and keep the GM card as last that I will not put in the strategy pile but just discard it?
The effect is that I will have one card less than standard during debate.
Is it allowed or I have to play the GM card mandatory.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, according to the rules the card cannot be used that way. In that situation you are required to play the GM card and keep the other card for the debate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe Salvio
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
harlemsushi wrote:
Sorry, according to the rules the card cannot be used that way. In that situation you are required to play the GM card and keep the other card for the debate.

Thank for your answer.

Any other contribute from the forum?

Bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you are looking to avoid playing a Gathering Momentum card due to your fear that your opponent is going to get a huge benefit, then exaust your candidate for points. This is a once-per-game (unless reset) way to avoid having to play a card that helps your opponent. In this case you do not have to play your Gathering Momentum card as you will have 2 extra cards, 1 to use for Campaign strat and 1 (GM) to discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe Salvio
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never Knows Best wrote:
If you are looking to avoid playing a Gathering Momentum card due to your fear that your opponent is going to get a huge benefit, then exaust your candidate for points. This is a once-per-game (unless reset) way to avoid having to play a card that helps your opponent. In this case you do not have to play your Gathering Momentum card as you will have 2 extra cards, 1 to use for Campaign strat and 1 (GM) to discard.

Ok perfect
That' s how I played in such a situation last time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrek McNab
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I played Twilight Struggle before this, so I had a first assumption that you HAD to play the Gathering Momentum card, much like a scoring card.

Of course, since you can play the GM card for points, there's no harm unless your opponent tries to "trigger" it with his momentum card.

I guess the other method is play your candidate's 5 GP card, leaving you two cards at the end of the round. You put the one in your campaign in yoru strategy, and simply discard your Gathering Momentum card leftover from the next round.

Glad there's no fiddly rules about the GM card. When I teach players I can just say "you can't have a Gathering Momentum card as the only card in your hand at the end of the turn" more or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.