Silent War» Forums » Rules

Subject: ULTRA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike C
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I'm confused over what effects an ULTRA marker has in an OpArea. I'm playing Silent War 2nd Version, and reading Version 1.1 Rulebook.

Here's what I understand them to be and then a question:

[7.0 and 13.2] +1 on Area Activity Chart die roll when conducting Search and Contact.

[7.0 and 13.2] +1 chit draw from any War Mix cups (unless a cup is "no draw").

Seems pretty clear and concise. But is there another effect of an ULTRA marker?

Question:

Does an ULTRA marker effect the Transit Event die roll? The manual seems to create confusion on this matter:

[7.1] This rule mentions if the Sea of Japan OpArea contains and ULTRA marker then "Transit Event Check die rolls are subject to a +1 modifier instead of the normal two (+2)". This suggests that a negative one (-1) die roll roll modifier should be applied on Transit Event Checks in OpAreas with an ULTRA marker. However....

[19.1] Transit Events, Procedure - Has NO mention of any ULTRA modifier on what I would consider should be the de facto list of die roll modifiers to Transit Events die rolls.

Has this come up before and been decided via a FAQ or answered on another board somewhere? Thanks for clarification anyone can provide. I could be missing the answer somewhere in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion a +2 modifier to Transit Event Check die roll is specific for Sea of Japan OpArea's rolls. So presence of ULTRA marker in this concrete OpArea (and nowhere else), reduce this modifier to +1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brien Miller
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrzej has it correct: it only affects the Sea of Japan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.