Thumb up
1 Posts

Snorta!» Forums » Variants

Subject: 2 Player Variant for Use With Younger Children rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools

I got this game today at a yard sale for $2 and was very excited to play it when I got home, but there were a couple of problems...

1. This game is for ages 8+ and I have a 3 year old.

2. This game is for 4-8 players, and it is just me and a 3 year old.

SO... I came up with a variant for the game that would work for us.

First we laid out all the animal pieces on the side of the table in a row.

Each player takes 4 barns and places them in their playing area (we chose to put them on the opposite side of the table as the animals.)

All cards are shuffled and the deck is placed in the center of the table to form a common draw pile.

Each player takes turns drawing one card at a time and placing the cards in an orderly (ie... matches together) fashion in their playing area face up.

Players keep alternating turns drawing cards accordingly.

When one player gets 3 of one card (example: player has 3 frog cards) then that player can "buy" the corresponding animal piece from the animal line-up. Player discards the 3 matching cards, takes the corresponding animal piece, and places the animal inside one of his or her 4 barns.

The first person to fill up their barns wins!

I played it this way with my 3 year old son, Noah, and he had no problems learning the game or following the rules. At first, I thought having 3 matching cards was too many, but once we had gotten a few cards down in our playing area the gameplay sped up and I think 3 works just perfectly. We both had a blast playing.

I will say, though, that the only problem with this variant is that my son absolutely KILLED me! He won the game with all 4 barns full, while I only had 1!

Here's a picture of our first play. Noah had just got the last match he needed to win the game and he was so excited!

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.