Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Deotte
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

The English version Virtuous Hero is printed wrong. Below is the official correction as confirmed by Uwe Rosenberg and Hanno Girke:

The incorrectly printed English card gives its owner 40+ items (Food, Building resources, and animals) for doing nothing! In my first FL-Deck IRL 4-ER game, the winner destroyed us with this misprinted card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should also be "(not food)" rather than "(no food)".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card errors are common with Lookout Games since their quality control is non-existent (card errors, misprints, bad tilesheet cutouts, ...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
mb
I don't understand the misprint, could you explain? The card looks fine in its original form to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elltrain wrote:
I don't understand the misprint, could you explain? The card looks fine in its original form to me.

The wrong player gets the good. In the misprint, you get both the food and the good.

In the correction, you get the food, your opponent the good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
mb
I see now -- I was assuming you could only hand out the fences once. The fixed card seems pretty awful, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elltrain wrote:
I see now -- I was assuming you could only hand out the fences once. The fixed card seems pretty awful, though.

Agreed. The misprinted card is brokenly good, but the corrected card is pretty awful. I can get a lot of food out of it, but in general the good I'm opponent is receiving is worth more than the food I'm receiving, so each use is a net negative.

I guess each "cycle" of fences results in me getting 4/5 food and each of my opponents getting one good. Hmm...maybe not awful, but still not sure about it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gemini6Ice Gemini6Ice
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So after playing this occupation, you hand out fences to each opponent whenever nobody has your fence? So after you collect them all back you hand them immediately out again?

What do we do if we have fewer fences remaining than players? Can we pick and choose which player to hand fences to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.