4 Posts

Empire of the Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule7.45 Landing unit with "accompanying" friendly naval unit. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlo Cinus
Italy
flag msg tools
The following is a situation we faced during a recent game and I wonder if anyone has suggestions on how interpreting the application of the rule 7.45.

The active player moves into a vacant enemy VP hex with an infantry unit (via sea) and a naval unit. He supports the move with air units to contrast the enemy active ZOI in the hex.
The army unit and the naval unit do NOT start in the same hex. However, they both complete the move in the enemy VP hex.
The active player does not declare it a battle hex, given the lack of enemy units.

The reaction player reacts declaring a battle hex (special react move) in the hex the active player just moved in, and moves there a naval unit.

The question is:
- does rule "7.45B-important" apply? (i.e. does the active player land unit sustain a loss and need to retreat, as if it was performing an Amphibious Landing without "moving with a friendly naval unit for the entire lenght of its movement"?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see where there is a window for question, but I think it is fairly clear that when the Reaction Player arrives in the battle hex with naval units that the Operating Player's ground forces are now 'accompanied' by Operating Naval units.

I don't believe they have to spend the whole offensive together to be considered 'accompanied'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig Goodfellow
Canada
Allanburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to my understanding if enemy naval units are in location from the start then you must travel together, if you go to location seperatly with no enemy there they are ok even if enemy arrives later, if you go without ships and enemy arrives during reaction you are toast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Cinus
Italy
flag msg tools
Thanks for excellent answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.