Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Sironi
Italy
Usmate Velate
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the game includes 24 chests token, but i see 25 spaces on the board?
Where am i supposed to leave the space empty? i usually leave the guardroom empty or random, but i'm not sure...
Is it written somewhere in the manual? i cannot find it.
Or am i seeing a space which does not exist? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi...I went through the rule book, and couldn't find a reference to the way the 24 chests are supposed to be placed, other than having 1 chest placed per room.

I looked closely at the map, then counted the rooms. I was only able to count 24 rooms.

The only room that can be mistaken as a double-room room is the room NORTH of (above) the Library room (the Library room is room D on page 7 of the rulebook). That room is actually one room with a red curtain separating it, notice that it is not a solid red line that splits that room, but a curtain (or something similar) that runs across the room. So you have to treat that as ONE room.

With that in mind, you'll notice that there are only 24 rooms.

I hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick follow up...I just checked the revised rules, and on page 7 of the rulebook it shows the room I mentioned above (the room NORTH of the Library) as ONE room...So I guess the confusion regarding the 24 chests won't be an issue in the revised edition of the game.

The revised rules can be found here:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/city-of-thieve...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Gamehappy
United States
Concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have a similar question. There are two action points used to spend on opending as chest. one point for attempting a roll and two points for just bashing it open. I understand.

But it seems that in placing treasures chest side up as instructed goes against one of the arcanna cards that says with this card turn over two treasures to chest side up to make it doubly difficult. So which is the correct start placement "fog of war" hidden chest up? or showing all treasures?

If its treasue side up do you need to roll? That would be a dropped treasure right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.