Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter and I were trying to figure out the turn sequence and I don't think we quite understand how the game is supposed to play.

Player A places an order token on a unit in the front center. That unit "charges" into the engagement zone.

Player B places an order token on his archers in his front center and they fire...one die...and miss.

Player A then rolls 2 dice (one for the unit and one for charging) and applies hits.

Then what? Does player A issue another order token or is it player B's turn to issue an order token?

Could player B have issued 2 orders...one to activate a banner carrier in the front center (giving an extra die) and one to activate an archer to shoot back?

It's confusing to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coldwarrior1984 wrote:
My daughter and I were trying to figure out the turn sequence and I don't think we quite understand how the game is supposed to play.

Player A places an order token on a unit in the front center. That unit "charges" into the engagement zone.

Player B places an order token on his archers in his front center and they fire...one die...and miss.

Player A then rolls 2 dice (one for the unit and one for charging) and applies hits.

Then what? Does player A issue another order token or is it player B's turn to issue an order token?

It is player B's turn to issue an order. The order token player B used for the archers was to INTERCEPT the charging unit and does not count as player B's turn.

Coldwarrior1984 wrote:
Could player B have issued 2 orders...one to activate a banner carrier in the front center (giving an extra die) and one to activate an archer to shoot back?

It's confusing to me.
Not sure what you mean here...? A banner carrier troop (i.e. tile) that is part of a unit is not activated separately from the unit to which he belongs. His benefit applies to the unit whenever it is activated. This unit could have been ordered by player B to intercept player A's charging unit instead of the archers, but not in addition to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

So, players alternate issuing orders.

Player A issues an order moving a unit from center front into the engagement area.

Player B issues an order(?) to archers in the center front to shoot. But that order doesn't count as player B's turn.

Player B issues an order to a unit in the left front to charge into the center engagement area.

Player A issues an order to to a unit in the center front intercept.

Player B rolls 2 dice and applies hits to Player A units.

Player A rolls 1 die and applies hits to Player B units.

------------------------------

Player A could not issue three orders, one order to one unit in each of the fronts, and have all 3 units advance into the engagement area?

Players must alternate each order chip placement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure thing, George.

More like...
Player A's Turn 1
Player A uses 1 order token to order a unit to charge into the center.

Player B (in response) uses 1 order token to order some archers in the center to Intercept Player A's charging unit (i.e. firing at it).
Player B rolls die/dice and resolves any hits against charging unit.

Player A finishes his charge (unless unit eliminated), engaging any of Player B's center units.
Player A rolls dice and resolves any hits against Player B's unit.
Player B's engaged unit (unless eliminated) rolls die/dice against Player A's attacking unit.

Player B's Turn 1
Player B uses 1 order token to order a unit on the left to charge. (This unit must charge Player A's right - directly across - unless Player A has no units on the right/front).

Player A uses 1 order token to Intercept the charging unit with a unit of his own, the 2 units colliding in the neutral zone between the 2 armies.
Player A rolls dice and resolves any hits.
Player B rolls die/dice (unless unit eliminated) and resolves any hits.

Player A's Turn 2... Etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THANK YOU!

That makes sense.meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos II
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good, just don't forget about the free moves.

Player A: Optional Redeployment (i.e. Free Move)
Player A: Mandatory Paid Order
Player B: Response if Player A's Paid Order was a Charge

Player B: Optional Redeployment (i.e. Free Move)
Player B: Mandatory Paid Order
Player A: Response if Player B's Paid Order was a Charge

... and so on ...

When a player runs out of order tokens then their turn is skipped. When both players runs out of order tokens then the next round begins (i.e. order tokens returned to players).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.