Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Buckmaster
United States
Ada
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find this so I don't know if it has been addressed. There are a bunch of cards that have the flip: gain +1 Explore. The last game I played each player sat and went through like 10 mission cards before finally getting scared by an event and ceasing to explore, is that the way it is intended. It seemed weird that they would wait till they had everything on the table than explore till they found something they could complete (assuming they continued getting cards that game them another explore on the flip) or until something hurt them lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VShadowHeart wrote:
I couldn't find this so I don't know if it has been addressed. There are a bunch of cards that have the flip: gain +1 Explore. The last game I played each player sat and went through like 10 mission cards before finally getting scared by an event and ceasing to explore, is that the way it is intended. It seemed weird that they would wait till they had everything on the table than explore till they found something they could complete (assuming they continued getting cards that game them another explore on the flip) or until something hurt them lol.

This sounds possible, but improbable. Usually you'll encounter a starship or an event before getting 10+ missions in a row. Did you shuffle the 15 starships into the exploration deck?

I think the main reason for "Flip: +1 explore" on mission cards is to allow the exploring player to have an opportunity to attempt/complete a mission before passing the turn to the next player, since you need to use an explore action to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
I think the main reason for "Flip: +1 explore" on mission cards is to allow the exploring player to have an opportunity to attempt/complete a mission before passing the turn to the next player, since you need to use an explore action to do so.

This sounds like the misinterpretation happening here.
- Use your one explore: reveal a mission. The mission has "flip: +1 explore". Your one explore granted to you by the turn sequence is done.
- Use your bonus explore from the flip: complete the mission. If the mission also gives you +1 explore, you can keep going, but I'm not aware of many that do.

Alternately, you can use your bonus explore to reveal a second mission if there aren't already two in play. If you get +1 again you can complete either of the two in play but you can't reveal a third.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can reveal a third mission but then you have to choose one to discard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.