Subject: Is now a good time to petition for a re-release? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Angry Augury
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...Or an update?

With the new trilogy announced, I'm sure there will be upcoming tie-in games for the new films. Perhaps we should start making it known early that we would love to have Epic Duels return as one such game.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Vaughn
United States
Pleasant Hill
Missouri
flag msg tools
TOTALLY agree! They would make a fortune if they would re-release the game (perhaps as a DELUXE editon with additional characters and locations from the first 6 movies, just look at the all the fan-created stuff on the web), and then continue to release expansions with new characters and locations over time. It would be a money-making machine.

Speaking of which, would love to see a LOTR version of the Epic Duels game system released sometime . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke McCarthy
United States
Randolph
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm 100 percent on board. This is a game that would benefit greatly from a timely re-release, and I for one would be one of the first to pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Farraday
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys. As someone who has played the game for over 10 years, I'm telling you, you don't need Hasbro. If you have a color printer, there are hundreds of "fan-made" decks out there you can print and play, many of which are better in art and play than the originals:

http://epicduels.pbworks.com/w/page/9779390/Characters

In fact, a few of us are going to release a 12-deck, 2-map "sequel" to the game in the next week or so, I will post about it here on BGG when it's ready.

RVaughnSr wrote:
Speaking of which, would love to see a LOTR version of the Epic Duels game system released sometime . . .

Rob, you seem to have a handle on the fan content out there so perhaps you already know this, but there's a LOTR Version as well that a bunch of us worked really hard on, though admittedly the figures can get quite expensive:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EpicDuelsLOTR/photos/album/913...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angry Augury
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really admire all the great fan-made material out there for this and other games but, personally, I prefer to have only "official" components for a game.

I hope that the fan support never dies but it's just not the solution I'm looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Farraday
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear ya Augury, we all would prefer a Hasbro release, I just don't think it's ever going to happen. That stated, I'm not convinced Hasbro would do a better job than the fans have already done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hasbro/WOTC has ignored petitions for continuation/expansions/support of:

Heroscape
Battleship Galaxies
Battlecry 250th Anniversary

I think you can add Star Wars Epic Duels to the growing list.

Now if we can just convince the makers of the new unofficial sequel to put their decks on Artscow, that would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roman Farraday wrote:
I'm not convinced Hasbro would do a better job than the fans have already done.

As a fan (and deck creator in the past), I agree completely with Roman: many of the decks created by the community are at least at the same level of the official ones. And some are better in my opinion, better themed, better balanced. That's because decks chosen by the community are heavily playtested and balance issues are solved. Try to believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.