20.15 Sawed Ice
20.16 Blown Bridges
20.17 Infantry Guns in Combat
20.18 No Snowfall
20.19 Bicycle Movement
20.20 Congested Roads

And as a separate, 2-sided card:

Ice Ball: A Red Winter Designer Variant

"This little diversion is just for fun. It represents a sporting event where both players will be required to use planning an dmaneuver over brute strength. To keep things fair, the Finns have left their submachine guns at home, and the Soviets have located some white uniforms. The match is well suited to tournament play, and playable in about 1-2 hours."

I think you guys will have fun with these. I especially found Ice Ball to be a blast. It's my current favorite way to play the game when I'm up for a quick but complete game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another great addition to a great game even though I continue reading the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Really looking forward to it, especially since my copy of Red Winter just arrived tonight!

This is also my first C3i purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S0laris
Italy
Rome
Lazio
flag msg tools
oh man.. its gonna be a damn long time before i get my hands on the last c3i issue here in italy, and i cant wait for this. ordered it just cause of red winter variants in it blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivano Rosa
Italy
Ferentino
Frosinone
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
awaiting C3i.. this game with lots of scenarios and optional rules is endless... with other variants.. endless^2

if in future there is a chance to see new counters, please to "correct" the ErP Platoon with missing dot on his "size"... and yes this is a bullshit.. just in case to not to see blank counters in C3i Magazine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I never noticed a missing dot in the ErP platoon. I'll have to look for that... Good catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivano Rosa
Italy
Ferentino
Frosinone
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you need another two eyes for the (final) counters of OD feel free to contact me..

btw for the "Red Winter 2 (working title)" my opinion for the name is.... Red Winter Volume 2... simplicity is best
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Normandeau
Canada
Quebec
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
duckweed wrote:
The following Red Winter materials will be available in the next issue of C3i

Just ordered the C3i issue

I played the first real scenario (first day) with my girlfriend yesterday, after playing the tutorial a few times. I won 25-13 with the Fins, but it was only a first exploration of the strategic possibilities, and we were still nailing down a few rules.

Her Russians never got to cross Kivisalmi bridge, which was defended by Pajari and resilient troops. She should have tried to bypass my troops starting from turn 2 but got bugged down in fights at the bridge and Kotisaari Island. By turn 4, it was too late to try any bypass and she never reached the objectives scenario objectives.

I'll try to do better playing with the Russians next time, but the burden of being the attacker seems pretty heavy! There may have been a case of broken dice also, as we both rolled pretty low throughout the game. 13

I have to extend thanks to you Mark. We had a blast with that game and will enjoy it again. I guess I am not the only one feeling like you have struck a fine balance between strategical/tactical depth and simple/logical rules. It really comes out beautifully. We tried ASL starter kits and, although it was very enjoyable, it was simply too much micro management for our liking.

Red Winter is at the very top of my BGG rating list now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Eric! Glad you enjoyed it.

And thank you to Ivano for the counter proofing offer. I'll certainly take you up on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-P Latvala
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there.
Are these Optional Rules available somewhere else than C3i magazine?
And if not, what issue it is? I am willing to try these, looks very interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.