Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that the person receiving a bribe can remove the bribe if they no longer like the terms. Can the person paying the bribe do the same? I told players that they could, which led to some bribes happening to get the issue on the floor but then removed shortly after that hoping the issue will stay on the floor. I couldn't find anything in the rules that specifically talked about if the person making the bribe does or doesn't have this power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stoodley
United Kingdom
Leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I interpreted this like you. I think it works fine - if they remove the bribe - you remove the counter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone can remove a bribe (ask for it back or give it back) before the timer runs out or the gavel comes down to end a round of negotiation.

[Of course, don't be a chump and time it such that you remove it just a micro-second before the end of the round, as the Secretary General won't have the time to adjust the proposals as well. I'm just sayin'... ]

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Baden
United States
Berkeley Lake
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
evilone wrote:

[Of course, don't be a chump and time it such that you remove it just a micro-second before the end of the round, as the Secretary General won't have the time to adjust the proposals as well. I'm just sayin'... ]

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

The gavel is for dealing with players who do that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.