Abaddon» Forums » General

Subject: Has anyone heard anything? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
So the game has been out for awhile now and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about something for this game?

I know toy vault has said they will expand it if it did well does anyone know if it is doing well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a thing,we played a lot over the past summer & I
would love to see some expansions.

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
thekingofblades wrote:
So the game has been out for awhile now and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about something for this game?

I know toy vault has said they will expand it if it did well does anyone know if it is doing well?

We have another scenario in the works, but currently there is no plans for an expansion. This could change after the holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Bootherstone
United Kingdom
Burton on Trent
Staffs
flag msg tools
designer
Giving fast and friendly service in shop and by post for over 25 years
mbmbmbmbmb
We haven't been able to raise interest at any price. People in this area have said it is because it is only 2-player, but the box says 2 - 4. How does it play with three?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Hurtt
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny you should ask, as we just played our first three-player game last Sunday.

One of the published scenarios has one side with two players ambushing the other player from opposite sides. I think this sort of scenario does not usually work out well, but in this case it did. Great way to introduce another player into the game.

Although I have not tried it, I do not see why multi-player games, such as with traditional miniatures games, could not work. The "problem", of course, is that each player takes their actions in turn, so the more players, the longer the wait before it is your turn again. That problem exists with a number of games; really no different than, say Monopoly. Turns in Abaddon are fast enough, and interactive enough, that people should not get bored waiting for their turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
It plays very well with three and four players. The first game I played of Abaddon when it was demoed to me was a four player scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I like this game and enjoy playing it, for me it is clear that we will never see more of this ...

Richard Borg hinted on new material, but let's face the truth: this game is unfortunately not doing well.
And I think it is because of a total failure of marketing - any game of Richard Borg where C&C meets SF should have done better than this. But a game where I have to sticker the dice and the minis (happened the last time maybe beginning '90), a rulebook that is - well "bad" (and more or less all the diagrams are wrong), missing Terrain rules (or why are there three types of Terrain) and finally the box insert and these cups yuk It seemed ToyVault never was interested to get it to continental Europe and even in the US it seems to be failing.

Still I would be very interested getting new content for this - even online, as I am sure we will not get the expansion, that was in the planing for sure (or the other way around, the base game feels incomplete...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.