Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Red Winter: The Soviet Attack at Tolvajärvi, Finland – 8-12 December 1939» Forums » Rules

Subject: Night Raids rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danilo Bernocchi
Italy
Busto Arsizio
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rule book:
"16.4.1 Criteria for Night Raids
The Finnish player may only conduct one Night Raid per night
turn."

But two raids were launched in the Night Turn Example on the GMT site.

Which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S0laris
Italy
Rome
Lazio
flag msg tools
im sure Mark will chime in fast, and provide you with the "official" answer, but for now i followed the rulebook to the letter:

only one raid per night, but the infantry companies partecipating in it need not necessairly start ALL in the same Hex (up to 3 full strenght INFANTRY companies, as long as they start the raid adjacent to each other and not in EZOCs, can commit. plus Pajari obviusly )

my opinion after having spent quite a time with this game now, (i love it-) is that allowing MULTIPLE night raids, in the hands of a skilled finnish player would REALLY make night turns a NIGHTMARE for the soviet player.. it would favor the fins too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delay. Still playing catch-up after returning from a 3 week vacation...

One Night Raid per night turn is correct.

Some of the older artwork and examples at the GMT site capture the game at an earlier stage in its development. Red Winter underwent many refinements during its final year in playtesting and development, all for the better, I think. The old files don't always reflect these changes. The Night Raid limit was one such change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.