Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Strong
United States
Ocala
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the core game is getting re-released. Do we know when it is coming out for sale? My wife is wanting to get this for me for Christmas, but wants to know how she can be sure that she is getting one of the new re-released copies instead of one of the older ones.

And lastly, are the expansions getting re-released too? If so, when are they coming out?

Looking forward to getting into this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Williams
United States
Melrose (Rensselaer County)
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the base game and expansions are now at online retailers as of last week. However, there seems to be some issues with the printing that I have not seen a definite resolution to as of yet. Read this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaper Steve
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The good news is: everything from this printing should be the same size. I bought the Fresh Meat expansion (the only one I didn't have yet) and the cards were clearly smaller than those from my original printing of the base game. I'd been wanting to upgrade my base game to the 2.0 printing for some time (for the clarified card text), so I figured this would be another good reason to do so. It was: the cards in the new copy of the base game are the same size as those in Fresh Meat. So, if you buy everything right now from the most recent printing, all the cards should be sized the same and it will be a non-issue for you. I still elected to sleeve them all.

Doing so created another problem... the sleeved cards won't fit in the Fresh Meat tray. However, that is a problem of my own creation (but maybe publishers can learn to make card wells sized for sleeved cards.) It looks like I can cut out that corner of the tray to make room for a storage solution that will hold all the sleeved cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Williams
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reaper Steve wrote:
So, if you buy everything right now from the most recent printing, all the cards should be sized the same and it will be a non-issue for you.

The problem being subsequent expansions and printings of existing expansions presumably will be "fixed" back to the proper card size, once again raising the spectre of odd-size card lots...

I wish I had waited to order my expansions. I placed the order the day they became available again, and before the sizing concerns were raised. I fully expect when they arrive on Tuesday they will not match the size of the cards in my base game.

I don't enjoy playing with sleeves, so that is not a desirable fix to the problem for me.

EDIT: typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Williams
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my package from CoolStuffInc and my copy of Deeper & Darker was congruent in size with cards from my copy of the original game (purchased in 2009 from the same merchant).

I'm not sure about the other expansions in this print run - hopefully more people will share as they receive their copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.