$10.00
Thomas Young
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was watching this with interest and I finally took the plunge and got the Drow Warband, then the Goblins.

Had to backorder this one and have the Undead pre-ordered at the moment as well.

It came in and I'm looking it over right now, looks interesting at least!!

My only experience so far is 1 net game that is still going on right now with DC, Me as the Drow VS the Goblins. Still pretty even at the moment but I may put his Horned Devil down for the count next turn!! Ha Ha

So, does this first set pretty much match up to the other two so far?

Cheers, still not to sure we are doing it quite right... but thats for the rules section in the specific Warband thread I think.

Thanks

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both Sting of Lolth and Heart of Cormyr, and so far they seem pretty balanced, although I think in our games Sting of Lolth has come out on top a few more times. Really love this game, looking forward to picking up the goblins and undead!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Young
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, still playing my first game of this (PBP one though), my Drow VS Goblins as I've been looking at this 3rd force I have yet to play.

Looks pretty good and I can see all 3 being a fairly good challange, unless the Order cards are not being at their best when drawn.

Cheers, so the Drow are at the top of the 3 so far, very curious to see if the Undead can take on the Drow better.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
Austria
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
cormyr creatures are very durable and sturdy
dwarven defender & cleric combos are a near unstoppable core force that can advance slow but steadily to the opponents start area

I usually use my faster creatures like archer & ranger to pick up the 2 treasure tiles near my start area, then I put them into cover to protect against any stragglers or special deploy creatures in my backfield. I generally play very defensively until I got a solid fortress group(defender&clerics: clerics in the front and defenders in the back fanned out so they form an inpenetretable line) then I advance to the opponents start area (he shouldn't be able to summon much in the meantime as I try to leave his creatures alone at this point) and kill off any new summons. At this point, where he struggles to destroy the "dwarven fortress" near his start area, I try to get war wizard(s) out at the magic circles to help protect my backfield and kill off the stragglers (with 30 ranged damage they are devastating to even high lvl loners)

The only reasonable counter to this is lots of special deploy creatures of my opponent (mainly drow priestess and spider combo) but thats my general (and so far successful) strategy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.