Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a captain on the Path of Fame is the active player when a recognition token is reached on the Renegade domination side, is it treated as negative recognition?

Is a token ever replaced so that it can be earnt a second time ie if the balance is swinging backwards and forwards ?(I assume it is awarded only once - the first time that position is reached)

The Renegade jackpot mission reward token has a Alliance recognition icon shown. I assume this should be red (for Notoriety) ?

Are the surface missions made available as a consequence of a reward tile only availble to the player that achieved the reward token or placed in the general area ?

Thanks

Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Hello Ian,

Good questions. Please find replies below.

Posco wrote:
If a captain on the Path of Fame is the active player when a recognition token is reached on the Renegade domination side, is it treated as negative recognition?

Yes. That is the idea.

Quote:
Is a token ever replaced so that it can be earnt a second time ie if the balance is swinging backwards and forwards ?(I assume it is awarded only once - the first time that position is reached)

No, it is not replaced. So you can only ever get the Recognition from each bonus 'slot' once.

Quote:
The Renegade jackpot mission reward token has a Alliance recognition icon shown. I assume this should be red (for Notoriety) ?

Hmmmm.. Weird. That should certainly be Renegade Recognition.

Quote:
Are the surface missions made available as a consequence of a reward tile only availble to the player that achieved the reward token or placed in the general area ?

All surface missions are always open to each and every player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

I am confused by the Note at the top of page 5.

It uses the words "token" and "marker" and I'm not clear what is being explained.

We have:
the Galactic Balance token
Recognition counters
Resource drawing tokens
Surface Mission Reward tiles

When it starts
Note: if a player receives more than one token......
what are the tokens ?

I am keen to understand this as I really like the thought that the Galactic Balance is affected by events/player actions.

However, On the Galactic balance Board it states that the balance is affected by:
Some Docking cards
Some Mission cards

On a quick check there only seem to be 4 or 5 reward tiles that move the balance in a particular direction (and these are discarded according to the rules so not reused ?)
I also struggled to find cards with the Galactic Balance change icon (how many are there ?)
Thus is it possible for the Galactic Balance to reach 8 on either side ?
Am I missing something ??

Thanks again

Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Hello Ian,

Again, good questions.

Posco wrote:
Thanks

I am confused by the Note at the top of page 5.

It uses the words "token" and "marker" and I'm not clear what is being explained.

We have:
the Galactic Balance token
Recognition counters
Resource drawing tokens

When it starts
Note: if a player receives more than one token......
what are the tokens ?

I am keen to understand this as I really like the thought that the Galactic Balance is affected by events/player actions.

However, On the Galactic balance Board it states that the balance is affected by:
Some Docking cards
Some Mission cards

On a quick check there only seem to be 4 or 5 reward tiles that move the balance in a particular direction (and these are discarded according to the rules so not reused ?)
I also struggled to find cards with the Galactic Balance change icon (how many are there ?)
Thus is it possible for the Galactic Balance to reach 8 on either side ?
Am I missing something ??

well, this is obviously not as well written as it could have been.
The idea is that when ever you draw a Surface Mission Reward tile, the Galactic Balance is adjusted by one to that direction (if you draw a Renegade tile, adjust towards Renegade and so on).
The tile texts could actually adjust it even further (or to other direction). This is clearly not something which can be easily understood. We clearly need to re-write that part of rulebook to be more comprehensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes much more sense.

I started designing a character based space game quite a while ago but now I finally have a copy of Phantom League it covers so much I wanted in my own game (unfortunatly I never get very far as work, family and actually playing games always swallow my "designing" willpower)

However, players actions/missions affecting the outcome of a power struggle for control of the Galaxy was one of my main aims. Thus I'm really pleased that you have incorporated a Galactic Balance mechanism and keen to include it straight away.

Thanks for the quick responses

Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.