Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
The Necronomicon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbYcB9ctu8
mbmbmbmbmb
Do experienced players use the "a German Marginal Victory is a draw" recommendation or the standard victory conditions?

Also, do you use the optional rule that allows (up to two) encircled Soviet General counters to retreat?

How was Panzergruppe Guderian played competitively at tournaments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read at the time, that it was either 1) played in two rounds, and then the combined result was taken, or 2) that all German players in a round were competing against each other and separately all Russians (and the best half in eac hgroup proceeded), then in the next round, folks had to change over to the other side. This way only a player performing well on both sides can succeed in the long run.

Not sure if this is the optional rule you refer to, but from memory (many years ago), the German marginal victory was joke, and sort of the results had to be shifted up one.

I never played with the retreat rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools
This my favorite game.
It may be dated, but it was the 1st game that forced you to keep reserves and do recon.*

I always used the "a German Marginal Victory is a draw" recommendation, not the standard victory conditions? Like the 1st reply said, the Ger. Marginal victor was far too easy to achieve. Actually I said that the Ger. needed 65 to 79 VP to get a marginal victory.

BTW -- which version of the rules do you like best?
. . a] The original SPI one in S&T
. . b] The re-issued SPI boxed version
. . c] The AH version
. . d] Are there others I'm not aware of?

It seemed like each one fiddled with the overrun/disruption rules. Espiecially when units become Disrupted. This is a huge difference.

I liked the 1st rule the best. Does anyone have that rule? Please post it or send it to me. I mean it all or just the overrun rules.

*I invented the "Recon Overrun". Here an independent Reg. or a Reg. from a split up Panzer Div. (losing one of these to an attacker elim costs no victory points) is used to overrun a few doubled stacks in the 1st MP, to find the weak one. Then you mass against the weak one or ones and attack where a zero is found or try to get a "D2" result. Then you overrun the last unit (it must be 4 or less) in the MMP, if necessary over and over. This creates the breakthru that you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.