Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reaper Steve
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the first Fresh Meat scenario last night. Everyone was having a great time until H&S came up, which caused several problems, including one dude quitting the game.

1) I did the most damage to a creature in the round (40 total, combined from two attacks), which made me the Humility's target. When he rotated my damage stack, my now 20 damage made me the Player who did the least damage. Does that make me Shame's target as well, or is the least damage player determined at the same time as the most damage player?

2) A player killed Humility, leaving Shame in play. A subsequent player played Twist the Knife, which did enough to kill Shame at this point. He also thought that he should be able to rotate a damage card on Humility to get credit for killing it as well. I insisted that he could not do that... Humility was already dead and his damage stack didn't exist anymore. The other player argued that the damage stack was still available because the encounter card was still in play. I also argued that a dead creature can't take 'lethal' damage--the creature was dead before he could Twist the Knife, but his counterpoint was that the card let him do the lethal damage instead of the original player. I tried to point out that we wouldn't even be having the argument if a token creature (like a blink dog) was involved, but his point was that Humility wasn't a token creature.

Anyway, I think the answer is clear cut: You cannot rotate a card on Humility's (or any creature's) damage stack after it is dead because the damage stack goes away as soon as the creature is killed. But, I'm open to the possibility of being mistaken.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You bet. Hence the word "then". You can be targeted by both Humility and Shame if Humility's ability makes you a legal target for Shame's ability when it activates. Ouch.

2. You were 100% correct. Once a creature is dead, it is dead. Also, Twist the Knife can only affect damage on the stack it occupies. Humility and Shame have their own damage stacks. Hitting Shame with Twist can only Twist cards on Shame's stack.

Sorry about any hard feelings that arose. Gamers often try to game any angle, look for any loop hole. I'm not sure there is iron clad wording for every angle will players try, but we give it our all. : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaper Steve
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Curt!

The 'hard feelings' weren't a fault of yours or the game. It was a hyper-competitive player trying to stick it to his nemesis. He was extra frustrated because the targeted player would likely have given in and let him do it, but--as the CC Vet in the group--I wouldn't let it happen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.