Subject: Card backs darker than base game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick
United States
Glenshaw
Pa
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Jason - wait a minute. They lightened the artwork without telling you? Forgive me if I'm mostly ignorant of how the gaming business works, but isn't it someone's job at FF to...I dunno...CHECK the final product before sending it out? I'm sorry, but that sounds like a total cop out to me. Like something from the 4th grade, "It wasn't me! Billy did it!"

And when you say that you'll be printing a new sheet for sale on the site, does that mean WE have to cut out our own cards?

If they were in a rush they may not have compared expansion to base set. (while not good.. understandable in a way.. I have many times pushed code to dev that worked in my sandbox with out remembering to check how it worked with everything on dev server. As a young programmer anyways.. I try not to do that anymore. )
And I doubt they would make us cut our own cards. haha.

But either way..
YAY!
They took care of the problem... I can lift the ban I put on buying their products. I finally have something to buy this month! haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Stadler
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
And when you say that you'll be printing a new sheet for sale on the site, does that mean WE have to cut out our own cards?

He most probably meant that the cards will be printed on a single sheet, so color consistency will be guaranteed. I'm not sure, but maybe between different sheets there could be a difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for responding Jason. That's great to hear and will definitely pick up a copy when it's available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you could post here when they are available, that would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
I need to get me one of those cool overtext things.
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Jason - wait a minute. They lightened the artwork without telling you? Forgive me if I'm mostly ignorant of how the gaming business works, but isn't it someone's job at FF to...I dunno...CHECK the final product before sending it out? I'm sorry, but that sounds like a total cop out to me. Like something from the 4th grade, "It wasn't me! Billy did it!"

Cards are printed on sheets and then cut...we won't have to cut anything. It will be a pack of all the secrets and because they were printed at the same time, they'll all have the same color darkness. Sounds like a fine solution to me.

We asked for a response, we got one AND a solution for those who are bothered by the different back. Better late than never I say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm so glad a solution has been offered. I still think this should have been caught before going out, and perhaps reprinted base game secrets included in the expansions to fix if it was actually the base game with the problem. In any event, if this means there won't be any problems moving forward, then I'm back on the fan list for FFP. But I'm keeping a watchful eye out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Caution going forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mb
The issue still comes down to someone at FFP signing off on proofs without actually paying attention to them. That said, I'm really glad to see a response and a fix, though it seems odd to me that the customer is the one who has to pay shipping.

Looks like I'll be finally picking up a copy of The Coast once the new cards are out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna Griebel
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jason,
I'm sorry to hear about the loss in your family.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to this thread, I'm thrilled that the Secrets deck will be reprinted! I'll be checking the FFP website in March and ordering my copy as soon as possible. I am also extremely excited for the Fortune and Glory expansion (my favorite FFP game so far.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nunya Business
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
horfrost3 wrote:
I contacted FFP and this is the response I got:

QUOTE wrote:
Hello Joanna,

We understand your concern about color variation in card backs. As gamers, ourselves, this always bothered us when playing our favorite games and having cards not match. We've made it a priority with our manufacturer in China. However, we've come to realize that there are always color variations in printing that cannot be helped. The variation shown in your photos is within the range of variation that we get in the printing process. I'm sorry for the difference in tint that you're seeing. Card replacements would also have similar variations.

Thank you,
Chris Kemnow
Flying Frog Productions, LLC

I guess I'll just have to deal with the color variation or sleeve the cards. Does any one know what sleeve size fits FFP cards? If I do sleeve, I'll just do the Secret cards, since I really really really do not like sleeves. Oh well.

Most sleeves are see through. I use them all the time. Do they actually makes ones that conceal the backs of the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. There are lots of companies out there selling card sleeves that are clear on one side and a variety of color choices on the back. If you search on ebay they are easy to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nunya Business
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
1932f20 wrote:
Yes. There are lots of companies out there selling card sleeves that are clear on one side and a variety of color choices on the back. If you search on ebay they are easy to find.

Thanks for the response!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New replacement secrets cards are now available at Flying Frogs website!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. I ordered mine...along with the Fortune and Glory additional danger cards as well. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate T.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Yup. I ordered mine...along with the Fortune and Glory additional danger cards as well. ninja

Same here. Thanks to FF for fixing them. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mb
Excellent. Finally time to buy The Coast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dan for posting they are available. I'm surprised someone from FF didn't post here about it. Did you just discover it by accident? Boy is their website out of date!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Thanks Dan for posting they are available. I'm surprised someone from FF didn't post here about it. Did you just discover it by accident? Boy is their website out of date!

Scott
I actually saw it when someone posted last night that there is a web exclusive Danger card pack available for Fortune and Glory. If you have that game you might want to pick that up also!

I have been checking their site every day for something new and... nothing.
I know they are a very small company and they sure crank a lot of product out, so i suspect the web site gets neglected. I suppose someone from FF will post something soon. We fans just do not have patience
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1932f20 wrote:
ScottE wrote:

Scott
I actually saw it when someone posted last night that there is a web exclusive Danger card pack available for Fortune and Glory. If you have that game you might want to pick that up also!

I have been checking their site every day for something new and... nothing.
I know they are a very small company and they sure crank a lot of product out, so i suspect the web site gets neglected. I suppose someone from FF will post something soon. We fans just do not have patience

I agree, no patience here!

Though, the be honest it will probably be a great while before we play again so no big rush. But ordered anyway in case they run out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROBERTO M
Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much is the shipping within the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid $5.23 in shipping for the replacement Secret cards and the FANG Danger Pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROBERTO M
Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

clip611 wrote:
I paid $5.23 in shipping for the replacement Secret cards and the FANG Danger Pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid $2.99 just for the replacement cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Bessette
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered to Canada and I paid about $5.00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My little package of FFP web supplements arrived today, including the Secrets card. Now the problem of what to do with the old cards!? They just seem too nice and I'm a little too much of a hoarder to toss them in the trash without reluctance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.