Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Floyd Sherrod
United States
Sharpsburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing this recently, and the winning condition listed in the rules is subject to interpretation. I am curious how the rest of the community view this. It says:

The first player to collect three prizes, and keep all three through the next two turns, wins Easy Come-Easy Go!

Now let's say I have gathered three prizes and make it through one round. On my turn I collect a fourth prize and in second round play before it returns to my turn, one of my original three prizes is stolen. Do I win?

We've been playing no because I've only kept one of my three remaining prizes for one round. But if I can survive just one more round with my remaining three prizes, I would win.

What say ye?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The actual rulebook states it clearly: "The first player to collect three prizes, and keep all three until after the next two players each take one turn, wins."

Two turns, not two rounds. Thus, you will never have a chance to win a fourth prize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Floyd Sherrod
United States
Sharpsburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we must be reading from different sets of rules because your words aren't in my copy. My quote [in italics] is exact, but I can see what you are saying.

I read it to mean MY next two turns, but you are saying simply the next two player turns. Makes sense and should be a shorter game.

Either way will work. Our games have been fun with considerable tension as one of the original three get stolen and you have to hang on for once more around the table.

The bottom line is in a 4-player game, you have to survive 6 tries versus 2 against your stash.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Winter Osterhaus
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree with Gary on this one. If I get three prizes, the next two players each have a chance to steal on from me, or I win; Generally I would not get another turn to get 4 prizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FYI, I was quoting a PDF of the rulesheet I got (sometime way back when) from the Out-of-the-Box Games website. I copied and pasted directly from the PDF. Perhaps it was updated to specifically clarify that rule.

I would only play with the rule as written. The game is meant to be FAST and exciting. It's all so much luck, and defending for two full rounds would just drag the life out of it. I'd much rather play several quick games of it, then one long drawn-out affair. (If you want dice that needlessly overstay their welcome, then try To Court the King gulp bleh)

In case this is also new to this rule revsion, the 2P rules are worth pointing out. When one player gets three prizes, the other player has up to 2 chances to steal. That is, if their first attempt to steal fails, then they take another turn immediately. Again, there is no way for a player to end up with 4 prizes.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.