M Hellyer
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
I just completed a good 1960 game and I think it would be fun to be able to show the results with a map showing all the states colored red or blue based on our results. Does such a thing exist? Even better would be to also show the # of 1960 electoral votes in each state. But, I'd be happy just to be able to print out a map showing each state as red or blue based on our game. Do you know if that is available somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you click here you can mess around with the electoral map. The Electoral votes are 2012's version though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try http://uselectionatlas.org/TOOLS/evcalc.php; at the bottom, select "1960".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Hellyer
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
dirubin wrote:
Try http://uselectionatlas.org/TOOLS/evcalc.php; at the bottom, select "1960".

Thanks, that works great! The one thing, though, is that the map printout shows Democratic states in red and Republican in blue, which is the opposite of current general practice; so to show the map in terms of Democrat states = blue and Republican states = red, click on each state to show the opposite winner to create an accurately-colored map. For instance, in our game Nixon (Rep) won Illinois which shows blue on this map if you click Illinois-Republican winner, but to show Illinois in red on this map I had to click that JFK (Dem) won Illinois.

But, it's cool to be able to print a colored map out showing the final "1960: The Making of the President" results -- thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.