Popular Tags: [View All]
Aidyn Newman
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, everyone.

First off, I would just like to thank everybody on BGG for their amazing support. I started off making custom scenarios for Lord of the Rings: the Card Game after I downloaded two custom scenarios from Ninjadorg which, for me, expanded the game's lifespan twofold. I remember thinking to myself how perfect Lord of the Rings was for making custom scenarios - since each scenario was self-contained, it wouldn't ruin the game's balance and would only serve to make the game more re-playable and more interesting.

I tested the waters with the Ruins of Nan Wathren and found that while I enjoyed making custom quest cards, there was much more that could be done. Thanks to GeckoTH's photoshop templates, I made my first real scenario, The Bandits of Chetwood North, and followed this up with the Culling at the Barrow-Downs, my most popular scenario. I was absolutely astonished at the support I got and it humbles me to this day. You guys are truly awesome and I wanted to thank you again before I move on.

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is, I won't be able to continue working on custom scenarios for Lord of the Rings. This is especially unfortunate because my third scenario in the Battle of Dale is basically done. However, that leads me to the good news...

I've just accepted a position with Fantasy Flight Games as an Associate LCG Designer!

So, it turns out I will be making more Lord of the Rings scenarios (and player cards) for the foreseeable future. I can't tell you what exactly I would be working on (I signed an NDA agreement during my interview), but I can tell you that I will be working full-time on Lord of the Rings, and that the future for the game is very, very exciting.

I hope you continue to support not only the official products for LotR, but also the custom scenarios on BGG, as well. Don't let this movement die out! Keep up the good work and I will work to get these great scenarios recognized.

Ninjadorg, GeckoTH, jpraibis, shnar, TragicTheBlathering, camipco, letsdance, PasiMax, skyzero, cordeirooo, Kvaren, booored, happycatmachine, Ikim, MalexBerg, Flamehearted, citilogic, Glaurung2, sciurusaurus, BuddhaBob74, MountainRoot, Fazumar, pelein, Troymk1, remote009, Mightyjim, jrd23, and everybody else who has given me support with what seemed like just a fun hobby - thank you so much.

I won't start with FFG for a while, but I can't wait to make some brand new scenarios and player cards for everybody to play with.
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome news indeed.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L H
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on the new position! Sounds like good times are ahead for you and LOTR:LCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Congratulations!

I'm really glad you shared this with all of us! It's good to know that someone so passionate about the game (an knowledgeable about Tolkien) will be part of the game design and it makes me very confident in the game's future.

Best of luck in your new job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Bezeau
Canada
Hanover
Ontario
flag msg tools
Please take some time to listen to the Podcast I co-host. It can be found @ www.madmeeple.com
badge
Straw Hat Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome ... Gratz!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarvis
United States
Brisbane
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very excited for you, congratulations!

Keep producing great content!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wai-kit FUNG
Hong Kong
Mongkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiv@n Shiv@n
France
POITIERS
flag msg tools
As we would say in France : Félicitations !

I saw the job offers on FFG's site a while back and was wondering what will be the purpose of this position ! Glad that someone who really enjoy the game can join their team for the best !!

You are now officially our spy in FFG's team ! ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelfwear
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! You've done very well. I can say that your custom scenarios made me start to create my own ones.

That makes your custom scenarios semi-official now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope this means that the game is planning on sticking around for quite awhile.

Congratulations and can't wait to see some of the future stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool news! Congratulations!

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
János Lacza
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats and keep up the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Gloom of Kilforth LIVE ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
Gloom of Kilforth LIVE ON KICKSTARTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is brilliant news, Aidyn - and well deserved! Can't wait to see the new stuff you come up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mbmbmb
Congratulations - must be like a dream come true to get paid for something you were already doing anyway!

Best of luck with the new job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Congratulations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news. Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Tello
Spain
Oiartzun
Guipuzcoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! Your custom scenarios are pretty good.thumbsup
I look forward to see your designs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!

This is very exciting news indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Wicked. And props to FFG for using the community as a resource and not, say, suing everyone in it (looking at you Games Workshop).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Aguirre
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Great news! FFG just got a big talent in you. Hopefully you'll be able to finish the Battle of the Dale there; many of us must have it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cordeiro Cordeirooo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's... AMAZING!

Congrats man, hope to see your official job soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aidyn Newman
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! All of you, thank you so much. You guys seriously rock. And if any of you come to any of FFG's events or Gen Con I hope to see you there in the future!

Like I said before, I can't tell you exactly what I'll be working on (partly due to the NDA I signed and partly due to not knowing exactly what plans FFG has up their sleeve) but I can tell you that I plan on using the community as a resource to see what kinds of things you guys hope to see in the future. Thanks again for everything, and most importantly, never stop making custom scenarios! I know I'll never stop printing them out and playing them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LSU LSU
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! Congratulations.

I have a related question for the community that might be best asked here - I am overwhelmed by all of the options for community created quests. Where can I go to find out what the options are, what the best quests are, and what official card sets you need to play them (I currently only have the Core and all the Mirkwood sets, for example)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could check out The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game - Adventure Database.
It's a list of all the official quests + the ones created by BGG users.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.