Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Johansson
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

I mostly play this only with my partner. Although we love the game, we think that the rules regarding tearing down buildings is clunky for two players, especially when the contractor enters play, making Urban Renewal cards meaningless. We've started houseruling that the contractors special ability doesn't apply and that you always need an Urban Renewal card to tear down buildings, no matter the score. Unfortunenatly this has lead to a runaway leader problem almost every time we play. We thought about removing the cards instead, but then you wouldn't be able to tear down buildings until Metropolis which would be a bit dull. Maybe if you in a 2-player game could play Urban renewal cards only once and then remove them from the deck? Anyone else having issues with this and what is your solution?
Cheers,
Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
Du Quoin
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
UR cards are not meaningless. You can still discard them, as they are Planning Cards, to use some contract building benefits. Plus, you can always demo your own buildings to out something better down. I'd say play it was written and that will give you the best game. You demonstrated that yourself when you saw the problem with trying to tweak it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Green
United States
Mclean
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Chad approves of the variant where in the 2-player game the Contractor's buildings are not immune to Urban renewal cards. That's how we play. I think it works well, tones down the catch-up mechanism a little.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.