Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Applewhite
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my friends, Kurt, has The Great Zimbabwe and we are getting it on the table tonight! Reading the rules and preping to play led me back to Roads & Boats, which I have on the shelf and have had it for many years now. The bad news: I have not played it. The good news: as I just opened the box, it is unpunched and (I forgot this part) it has "& Cetera" inside the box as well.

Needless to say, now I want very much to try it out! It sat on the shelf for years as no-one (except me) wanted to attempt a game of 4 hours duration.

Wish there was a video of the gameplay; anyone planning on accomplishing a video any time soon?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and since I am listening to Wash FM, 97.1, they are playing Christmas Music from today until New Years, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Enjoy! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a particularly complicated game at all, and there are a multitude of solo puzzle-games included in the scenario book. You have nothing to lose but your chains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Applewhite
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
It's not a particularly complicated game at all, and there are a multitude of solo puzzle-games included in the scenario book. You have nothing to lose but your chains.

Thanks Nate, looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Begy
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
I study games and gamers at the Technoculture, Art and Games research centre at Concordia University, Montreal.
badge
I hate bowling. It's just multiplayer solitaire.
mbmbmbmbmb
R&B is the best game ever. You must play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Four hour games are a rarity. Last time I played was with six, including two who hadn't played before, and it was around three hours.

Sadly, that was in July. The game LOOKS intimidating enough that it can be hard to get to the table!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Deerfield Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antiquity had super easy rules. Zimbabwe has short rules and is easy, with the exception of the poor explanation of ritual goods from secondaries. Indonesia was a bit awkward. With all the rules explanations and answers on the geek though, no Splotter game should be intimidating. They just don't make that kind of game.

18xx they are not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.