Subject: Japanese Carrier Range rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey Wilson
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I'm questioning the number on the units: Japanese carriers having a range of 3 versus a range of 2 for Allied carriers.

(I understand the rule about the Japanese trading CV for CVL losses, and it makes sense historically.)

What I'm not 100% on is the range of aircraft carriers in carrier vs carrier combat.

So the Japanese have that advantage of being able to attack a hex 3 hexes away instead of 2, so that way they can on rare occasion mount an offensive which the Allies couldn't in the same situation.

But what if the Japanese attack US carriers from 3 hexes away?

Can the US carriers fire back even though the Japanese carriers are out of the Allies' 2 hex range?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
something wrote:
I'm questioning the number on the units: Japanese carriers having a range of 3 versus a range of 2 for Allied carriers.

(I understand the rule about the Japanese trading CV for CVL losses, and it makes sense historically.)

What I'm not 100% on is the range of aircraft carriers in carrier vs carrier combat.

So the Japanese have that advantage of being able to attack a hex 3 hexes away instead of 2, so that way they can on rare occasion mount an offensive which the Allies couldn't in the same situation.

But what if the Japanese attack US carriers from 3 hexes away?

Can the US carriers fire back even though the Japanese carriers are out of the Allies' 2 hex range?

Thanks.

All that matters is the range a carrier is from the battle hex. So as long as a US carrier is 2 hexes from the battle hex it effects Japanese carriers in the battle whether they are 3 or less hexes from the same battle hex. Unlike other Pacific war games the relative distance between the opposing carriers is not what matters, only that they are within range of the same battle hex.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Wilson
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
Thank you Mr. Herman!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.