Subject: Terminal station and number of companies and string placement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
Thank you for stopping at this OverText. Your cursor is now being scanned for the purpose of security. Please don't move for 3 seconds . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Thank you for your cooperation. You may proceed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions:

1) Am I right to assume, the number of companies allowed on each station limits the number of different players, but not the total number of strings?

2) What does the limitation of the terminal station allow:
a) place only one string per player with only the end
b) place only one string per player but also allowing with a middle part of the string
c) place multiple strings per player but each only with the end
- I understand only a) is allowed?

3) If I place a string does one end have to be connected to my existing grid or just any part of the string? (Could I place the middle on a connected station and place the string-ends on new stations to both sides?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Correct.

2) Hmm... I've played this as a), but checking the rules your c) (aka second b)) seems correct - the only limit is that the string must end on the tile. After all, a terminal may be a terminal for many different lines.

3) Any part of the string so yes, your example would be correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
Thank you for stopping at this OverText. Your cursor is now being scanned for the purpose of security. Please don't move for 3 seconds . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Thank you for your cooperation. You may proceed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your opinion. Updated the "second b)" to c)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mb
1) Yes.

2) I suspect c)

3) Depends on the edition. The original rules suggest yes, but the Asmodee edition suggests no. Read the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rexroom wrote:
3) Depends on the edition. The original rules suggest yes, but the Asmodee edition suggests no. Read the rules.

Thats exactly what I did. I own the Asmodee edition, but in the original rules it suggest yes. I suppose with Asmodee's history on rule translations it's rather a translation error than a rule edit...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Original rules don't just suggest yes, they say it explicitly. I think the game is also better that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.