Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and you had both the 3rd (with stickers to correct the 2 errors) and 4th edition maps, which map would you prefer to play the game with (assuming you could use any components you want, from any edition)? and, which map is bigger, and would there be "space issues" with either or both? thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no "space issues" worth noting, not like say, in a Columbia Block game, as stacks slide easily. Interestingly, I can find no good pictures of the 4th Ed board. So I cannot really say. However, while I don't exactly like the "lines", that pattern the Phalanx board, everything else about the production of that game is so fantastic, I don't have any qualms about saying which one I would pick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Fletcher
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
I own the new edition, and judging from the photos here, I'd say the Mayfair edition map looks like the GDW map, and it uses the Phalanx graphics for the pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bfletcher wrote:
I own the new edition, and judging from the photos here, I'd say the Mayfair edition map looks like the GDW map, and it uses the Phalanx graphics for the pieces.
bradley, sorry...don't mean to sound stupid...but what is a "GDW" map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Kenmore
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd Edition was produced by GDW (Game Designers Workshop).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Flynn
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never be afraid to ask what you may consider a stupid question. I spent years wondering what FUBAR meant !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Games are not movies or stories; they're vehicles for creative decision making.
badge
"Desire makes everything blossom; possession makes everything wither and fade." (Marcel Proust)
mbmbmbmbmb
brunswick1815 wrote:
I spent years wondering what FUBAR meant !!!

Favor utopia, but accept reality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Hawthorne
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
I love the Phalanx Games map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.