Subject: Substitute counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn Engqvist
Sweden
Goteborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I want to make the game easier to carry with me so want to drop the minis and create some sort of counters to represent regulars/elites/leaders of the different nations.

Has anyone done this in a way that makes them look good *and* differentiates between the three types of units? I did some searches but I did not find exactly what I was looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Schemmann
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
www.der-ringkrieg.de
badge
www.der-ringkrieg.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at these images by Mikko (Nysalor):

I admire the design and work that has gone into this project, although I'd never substitute my (painted) minis with anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Engqvist
Sweden
Goteborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
They do look impressive, thank you, although I think making wooden counters are beyond me they should work with cardboard as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh dear,

Given the love affair I have with my CE I almost cringe to admit that these flat tokens look so great; especially with all the characters and minions being so easily discernable on the board! Even with the huge CE board the territories get so crowded that you have to start using the combat boxes. With these tokens you could easily stack them if necessary.

The only thing I'd do differently is to make the colors match the nations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.