Shogun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Let's make it clear with those peasants... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pwhy5 Pwhy5
Canada
flag msg tools
In a province:

-Add 1 revolt marker each time you tax and confiscate rice. If taxing or confiscating rice when one marker already present, revolt occurs, then add a second marker if it is put down.

-If attacking a neutral province, add a green cube from the supply to act as the defender.

-If no revolt marker when attacking, peasants side with the defender (green cubes count as defenders cubes). We remove green cubes prior to defender's colored cubes. (2 blue against 2 green and 2 yellows. Yellow wins, 2 green cubes returned to their supply, 2 yellow cubes stay in the province)

-If revolt markers present in the province when attacking, do not care about green cubes in the battle result.

Am I right about all those topics?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zaleski
United States
Wintersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds right to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Don't forget to Do the Hokey Pokey and Turn Yourself Around...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Noguera
Other-Eastern Europe
Cardedeu
Barcelona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pwhy5 wrote:
In a province:

-Add 1 revolt marker each time you tax and confiscate rice. If taxing or confiscating rice when one marker already present, revolt occurs, then add a second marker if it is put down.

-If attacking a neutral province, add a green cube from the supply to act as the defender.

-If no revolt marker when attacking, peasants side with the defender (green cubes count as defenders cubes). We remove green cubes prior to defender's colored cubes. (2 blue against 2 green and 2 yellows. Yellow wins, 2 green cubes returned to their supply, 2 yellow cubes stay in the province)

-If revolt markers present in the province when attacking, do not care about green cubes in the battle result.

Am I right about all those topics?

You are right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pwhy5 Pwhy5
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks!

I have yet to play the game but this game was on my radar for the past 2 years. Got interested in it after it was OOP. Much prefer the samurai theme to the 30-year war german theme (Wallenstein).

Can't wait to play it. I wanted to make sure I understood everything correctly as I am always the one explaining new games to new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pwhy5 wrote:
Much prefer the samurai theme to the 30-year war german theme (Wallenstein).

Now if only we can FINISH the game in less than 30 years... Always end up taking forever doing the rules, which are simple but extensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian york
msg tools
Doesn't the rulebook state that if a province has a revolt marker and I attack that province, you still throw the farmer cube in but the farmer helps the invader? This makes sense because the farmers are angry and would see the invader as a liberator so they would help that invader?

thanks,
Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
briyo2289 wrote:
Doesn't the rulebook state that if a province has a revolt marker and I attack that province, you still throw the farmer cube in but the farmer helps the invader?

Nope. They're pretty much fed up with everyone's army by that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.