4 Posts

Castellan» Forums » General

Subject: 45 Minutes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Maybe I'm missing something but I can't see this game taking longer than fifteen or twenty minutes.

Two decks of seven cards each, using a couple each round means less than ten rounds, at say one minute each round, comes to ten minutes per side.
Okay sure, if both players are prone to serious cases of AP I could see it maybe taking 30 minutes, but even that sounds a bit far fetched to me.

From the BGGCon video, it does seem like a nice light, easy filler game and I might be interested, I just don't see why it's listed with such a long play time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I've only had one chance to play, but I can tell you that there are several decision points in a turn, and they're all what I would call fun decisions - you have interesting choices, you're trying to put together combinations, any decision could be made to work, and there's just enough randomness to take the AP pressure off. Still, 45 minutes does seem long, at least for gamers. Non=gamers could certainly take 45 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played several times now and 30 to 45 minute games is about right. Each player has a total of 14 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a demo game at the UK Games Expo this past weekend. As a result this has become my number one must buy. It was a really neat game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.