Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Do the Allies start earning the 3VPs for having a LOC from a port on turn one or after Operation Dynamo is declared? If on turn one, it's spotting the Allies at least 9-12VPs before LOC can be cut.

2) Miscellaneous Rules state that "Operation Dynamo is in effect". Is it automatically in effect on turn three (noted on the TRT) or can it be declared on turn four?

3) Do better defense markers need LOC to be placed per the rules or LOS? If LOC where is it traced to (I assume south or west mapedge)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crickets chirping....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scholz
Germany
Würzburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
Keep Calm And Fix Bayonets!
mb
1) Good point. I counted them from start on and it seemed impossible for the Germans to win the game like this. (One of the reasons why I stopped my soloattempt. Turn 5 Paris was taken, Dynamo Port was taken, every French unit except the Maginot Line was out of supply, but Germans would have probably lost due to VP's) I haven't really found anything stating that it only begins with Operation Dynamo, so I'm not sure about that either.

2) It can be declared on turn three or four. Refer to 13.1 in the rulebook. The Allied player even gets punished for declaring it in turn three in the German action round. (13.1 c in the living rules) http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?233@@.1dd2e355!enclosure=.1...

3) The living rules clarify that. The line of communication is drawn to a Allied controlled west or south map edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agung Waspodo
Indonesia
Depok
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also notice this and opt to start counting Allied VPs after Operation Dynamo is declared, otherwise why would it be such an important issue for the game mechanics. But, true, nothing in the rules say that or otherwise, maybe I overlooked the rule book.

Anyone else want to clear this up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.