4 Posts

Qwirkle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another Game Flaw? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Ash
msg tools
I was playing with my family last night when an interesting situation arose:

Can two touching rows (lines) share the same shape but have/share different colors?
For example, here was the configuration of shapes and colors:

Key
C: Circles
B: Blue
O: Orange
Y: Yellow
R: Red

Circles: B O Y
Circles: R B O

I say no, but the rules aren't clear on this. All I've found is that a line is either one shape or one color. Technically it is correct, but it throws everything in disarray, which it did last night.

Any clarification would be most appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's all legal. As long as each distinct horizontal and vertical line meets the rules, then it's fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ash
msg tools
Okay, thank you. When the move was played it just seemed out of uniform. Seems to go against the whole idea of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Poplawski
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil.
mbmbmbmbmb
The first couple of times I played Qwirkle, I thought plays had to be colour in one direction and shapes in another, but the rules allow for shapes or colours to played off one another as long as the lines played and formed have common attributes. This makes the game much more tactically interesting than I originally thought!

The last game I played had a section of the board consumed by circles (the grid having rows where no circles in any given line had repeating colours) and we had to think about how we were going to deal with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.