Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I own the Alien Research Team and want to settle on an alien technology military world by making it a civil world, can I use at the same time the -1 for alien technology civil worlds?

Example: I want to settle on an alien-technology-military-world of value 3. Can I settle on it with the ART for the cost of 3 hand cards or for the cost of 2 hand cards?

We are in doubt, that these powers can be combined, because the wording of the card says for the second power (the conversion power), that you may play an alien technology military world as alien technology civil world for FULL COSTS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yann Gomez
Canada
flag msg tools
You can combine these powers. You pay the defense of the military alien world as the full cost, and the cost is then reduced. If you had Replicant Robots or other powers that reduce the cost of placing civilian worlds, the cost would be further reduced too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we were not in doubt of using further reductions of other cards. We were only in doubt to combine both powers of the same card. We had read an "either or" out of the card text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
We are in doubt, that these powers can be combined, because the wording of the card says for the second power (the conversion power), that you may play an alien technology military world as alien technology civil world for FULL COSTS.
The card says "...at full cost (with any discounts, including the one on this card)".

Do you have the German (or other non-English) version? Perhaps this important bit of text was missed in the translation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, I have the german version, where "including the one on this card" is missing! Thanks! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.