The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC!!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Abigail the cat. B:? D:12/24/13 You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a little surprised there are two Formula tracks in this release when all the others had one Formula, one street race track.

I think they missed an opportunity for one heck of a Baltimore street race track. I live in Baltimore, so I know half the city is a war zone.

A street race in Baltimore could have had tons of exciting danger zones, with areas of gun fire, torn up streets, exploding water mains, crack heads wandering on to the track, sink holes, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Spieles
United States
Vandalia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Asmodee has received feedback that the "street" tracks aren't as popular as the real-life race tracks. I mean, look at all the Formula De tracks...they're all real circuits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Formula De didn't come with a street racing mode of play like Formula D. Does this mean Asmodee will no longer be supporting the street race version of the game?

I just hope they don't continue the track series with repeats of the Formula De tracks. I already own them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOrangeMage wrote:
I think Asmodee has received feedback that the "street" tracks aren't as popular as the real-life race tracks.

Not true, not even close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan B wrote:
TheOrangeMage wrote:
I think Asmodee has received feedback that the "street" tracks aren't as popular as the real-life race tracks.

Then could you explain why there is no street race track for this release?

Thanks for continuing to support this great game!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crimson_Phoenix wrote:
Then could you explain why there is no street race track for this release?

Baltimore is a street track, and not a circuit.

Look at the Formula D releases: Monaco, Race City, Chicago, Valencia, Singapore and Baltimore are all street races. They take place on streets. Sebring, Hockenheim and India are circuits. The Docks is just the odd one out, but fun to play.

What do you consider "street race track"? Are you looking for special rules so that the track can eliminate you from the race, like in Race City, Chicago and the Docks?

TheOrangeMage wrote:
I mean, look at all the Formula De tracks...they're all real circuits.

Anniversary circuit.

The Formula D tracks are mostly real - the exceptions being the Docks and Race City. That's an 80% "real" percentage.

Stefan - is there any thought of letting players print out the old tracks from an online poster print shop? That way you can still get revenue from them and we can finish our collections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pratt
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Just admit it already, Small World is not a fantasy wargame...it's a Mancala variant!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I had read somewhere that there is a licensing issue with printing the old tracks, if I remember correctly. Not with the previous publisher, but with the owners of the "real" race circuits. I think to use them requires royalty payments, which Asmodee is probably unwilling to do, because printing the tracks would become unprofitable...unless you were willing to spend forty bucks a track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there's any problem at all with the old Formula De tracks being reprinted as essentially one was for the base game. If they had to pay anything to do it I believe it would be to the person who created the tracks rather than anybody else.

Also, just for me, I don't like the street race tracks and would love to have two real racing tracks instead. The purchase price would be easier to fork over if that were the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Pansch
Germany
Trier
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan B wrote:
TheOrangeMage wrote:

Yes, we want more fun tracks with surprises and fantasy!
Formula D is just the mechanic, street races are the fun part. Sometimes not predictable what will happen.
So please give us more fantasy.
Maybe another track contest or a print of that brilliant police race they had a picture on their website ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't want "fantasy" racing! I want "real" tracks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already have over 30 real tracks. I want more street race tracks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have every track ever created for Formula D and De, but not all are in that condition. Some only have Formula De and have not had much success in finding the Formula De tracks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These tracks look great, but still, it's not Le Mans 24 ...

soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Robert
Canada
Whitehorse
Yukon Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm quite happy there's no street track as I prefer the race ones much better even if I have almost all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Spas
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see more street tracks.

I like the idea of a 'real' on one side and 'street' on the other.

My gaming club uses the street tracks for both 'F-1' and 'street' racing. So its twice the fun!

I hear ya The War Chief. Make more new tracks please!

And maybe an expansion for new 'street' racers. :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.