Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Dungeon Fighter» Forums » Rules

Subject: Healing fainted heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
Giant Fire Breathing Robot
badge
gfbrobot.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Had this happen last night.

We fail to kill a monster on the three colored dice so it deals its damage to everyone. That causes two of our party to faint. Then the next player rolls a colored die and the symbol comes up. The power is to give one life to everyone in the party. What happens?

1. Fainting players cannot be healed so they stay done for the remainder of the fight.

2. Fainting players are just players with zero health and when they gain one health, they get back up and fight.

Assuming number two is correct, they should also not receive a scar token.

We played number two. Anyone had this experience?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Langewisch
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
www.ryanlangewisch.com
mbmbmbmbmb
My group played with the first option, that fainted heroes can no longer gain health.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary wrote:
My group played with the first option, that fainted heroes can no longer gain health.

That's the correct rule.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Algaroth wrote:
Legendary wrote:
My group played with the first option, that fainted heroes can no longer gain health.

That's the correct rule.


Could you please tell your source for this ruling? My group has treated it the opposite because it's simply not addressed in the book.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
WonderSlug wrote:
Algaroth wrote:
Legendary wrote:
My group played with the first option, that fainted heroes can no longer gain health.

That's the correct rule.


Could you please tell your source for this ruling? My group has treated it the opposite because it's simply not addressed in the book.

Thanks!


Logically, there would be no point in the game having a "fainted" state for characters if it made no difference. Plus, you lose 3 life and an ability when you come back from a faint, and you don't get an extra turn. So being healed by one point from a fainted state wouldn't be a good thing anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.