Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David J
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've played 2 games thus far with all 3 boards in play. I also play solo with 3 investigators and some optional rules like Too Many Secrets and the Choose 3 Items when shopping. I have been sufficiently thrashed both times I played against the Vampire with all three boards. In fact, in the last game, the Vampire had 6 evil elders with him and a combat score of 10 or 11, wounds over 25, and I only got 12 turns before I was essentially forced to form a Showdown and Hunting Party. I think adding 3 more elders makes this game really hard, especially with the Too Many Secrets rule.

Anyone else experiencing this with all 3 boards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The added boards/Elders haven't increased the difficulty too much more for me. But I have found the new Villains that I've fought thus far as big a jump in difficulty, or maybe even a tad more, as SW.

The total of 3 boards CAN have a tendency to spread things out more & make you work harder to gain Investigation & fight Minions. But then again I have seen things fall where everything stayed fairly localized to one board too.

Mostly, it's forced me to alter my tactics some & learn some different ones.
---MS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The new elders and their starting hand of two secrets have increased the difficulty, as they are more likely to be evil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
The new elders and their starting hand of two secrets have increased the difficulty, as they are more likely to be evil

This coupled with the Too Many Secrets optional rule has made it hard to win with all 3 boards in play. In fact, I haven't won a game yet with all 3 boards and 9 elders in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you used the Advanced Co-op Mystery Phase chart yet? Talk about making the game harder....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoth Amon wrote:
Have you used the Advanced Co-op Mystery Phase chart yet? Talk about making the game harder....

Yeah, that's all I use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.