Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this out of print? I've seen posted copies going for crazy loot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Matthews
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cline
United States
South Whitley
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonMatthews wrote:
I believe so.

Then I'm glad I picked up a copy tonight I heard you on Ludology yesterday, and have been thinking about picking it up ever since. Looking forward to playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pskowski
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, its price has been going up for the past few months. I was happy to pick one up for ~$40 in September. It is a shame they didn't get a reprint out before the election.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if a 3rd edition is in the works?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
Any news on reprint? The prices are slowly moving beyond my comfort zone and I'd hate to miss my chance to get this..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
max_s wrote:
Any news on reprint? The prices are slowly moving beyond my comfort zone and I'd hate to miss my chance to get this..

1960 is a cult favorite and received a bunch of positive reviews, but I would be shocked if Z-Man has any release plans for it this year.

I would suggest snagging it now if you can find it. I won a bid on an auction here at BGG this past week, as I wanted to get my hands on this game before it hits the 'outrageously expensive' range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, I just saw a copy last night at Comic Quest, a FLGS in Lake Forest, CA. I don't know if they ship or not, but if you are interested in buying the game at regular retail price, it might be worth contacting them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I just today picked up my copy courtesy of

Alex Radcliffe BoardGameCo
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

after his drive up to Toronto. It's in perfect condition. I had to drive in (early morning) and back from Waterloo to pick up from the very kind

Evan Schwartzberg
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

and his lovely dog, but it was a three hour driving trip that was well worth it. Beyond thrilled to finally have this in my collection (and I thought $60 absolutely a fair price considering its OOP status) and I've got a first game set up already. Now the question ... do I play Nixon or Kennedy for the first go?

Later edit ... I played Nixon vs my son's Kennedy in our first game. Very fast smooth gameplay, I like that. Lost 208-311 electoral college votes with two southern states awarding their votes to neither candidate (due to a card in play). I lost the entire east due to poor gameplay so I'll need to watch that the next time. Great game. Obviously not used to the strategy etc and we forgot stuff occasionally (media support in region = no support checks needed) but overall excellent experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrblueesq wrote:
FYI, I just saw a copy last night at Comic Quest, a FLGS in Lake Forest, CA. I don't know if they ship or not, but if you are interested in buying the game at regular retail price, it might be worth contacting them.

Great store! Not a lot of inventory, but the best selection I've seen in the area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.