Hide
6 Posts

Dungeon Fighter» Forums » Rules

Subject: Definition of a bounce... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Kwong
msg tools
...my girlfriend prefers to "roll" the dice from off the board and then onto it, does this count as a bounce? Physically, the dice is probably on and off the table 20 times before it hits the board (it's impossible to roll like a wheel so that one edge meets the next on when it turns)... however not sure if a bounce needs to be over a certain height maybe an inch? What does everyone else think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schnapes wrote:
...my girlfriend prefers to "roll" the dice from off the board and then onto it, does this count as a bounce? Physically, the dice is probably on and off the table 20 times before it hits the board (it's impossible to roll like a wheel so that one edge meets the next on when it turns)... however not sure if a bounce needs to be over a certain height maybe an inch? What does everyone else think?

As long as it hits the table before it hits the board, regardless of the number of times, you're okay in our group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Langewisch
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
www.ryanlangewisch.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep that's totally okay as far as I am concerned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you are unlucky enough to draw a monster requiring a bounce over a card, rolling works well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
Unless you are unlucky enough to draw a monster requiring a bounce over a card, rolling works well!

That is admitably difficult to roll over
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, we always "roll" unless there's a special requirement to do otherwise. Make sure you play on a hard table, and listen for multiple "clicks" on the table if you have a double-bounce requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.