Hide
2 Posts

Carcassonne: The Princess & the Dragon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Princess and Abbey questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alynn silliman
msg tools
Im a new Player and there are a few questions that have come up. Haven't been able to find the answers in the instruction manual. Is there a resource for finding answers to questions?
I will post here if anyone is able to help.

When playing the Abbey tile to finish a city where you have a builder, do you still get to pull a second tile?

There's a Princess tile that has 2 city sections. One section is a corner piece of city with a shield on it. The other is one side city shaped like a "V" and has a princess on it. If the corner section is played on an existing city (the city with the shield on it, not the princess mark), can the princess mark on the tile still steal the city? Someone played that to steal my large city last night and said the princess "tile" works for stealing a city even if the piece of thand he (the princess) is on doesn't actually add to the city.

Thanks so much for whoever sees this. This forum seems like a great resource for new players.Princess and Abbey tiles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldin Barnes
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
I would say no you don't get to draw another tile. You don't count the abbey in a road scoring or in a city so it doesn't add to the city just complete it. On a personal note i hate the abbey it take away all of the fun of trying to make a catherderaled city incomplete-able.

As far as the princess goes you do not get to remove a meeple from the city unless the section of a city taht the princess is connected to is added to the city. The princess isn't on a tile but in a city section. And of course the person who removes a meeple cannot place a meeple in that city this turn.

welcome to board game geek. For all things carc check out carcassonnecenteral.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.