$10.00
Sam Stern
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
On the Ares Website it says he can recruit other Ents but it doesnt mention it on the picture of his card or seem to list any Ent components on the box so can he recruit ents or do anything besides what it says on his cards? Becuase otherwise 10$ seems like a lot to pay for a charater that wouldnt even be used most games (since I wouldnt use either of the two other promos I would have to buy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sstern wrote:
On the Ares Website it says he can recruit other Ents ...

No. I would parse the web announcement as follows: once recruited, "he is then able to muster the Ents by himself," which I take to mean that he satisfies the requirement of having a Companion in Fangorn in order to play the Ents Awake Event cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Stern
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ok thanks, he really does not seem worth 10$ than.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sstern wrote:

I predict Treebeard and the rise of the Ents (ala CE) will have their moment in the next expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Currently Out Of Service Leave a Message at the Meep
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
Should I eat the Cuttlefish and Asparagus or the Vanilla Paste?
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:
sstern wrote:

I predict Treebeard and the rise of the Ents (ala CE) will have their moment in the next expansion.

I would agree. They had a cool mechanic in the "Battles of the Third Age" expansion that utilized all the Ent figurines in a pretty interesting way. I would think they would bring that around again for second edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.