Galaxy Trucker: Another Big Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: Different Cardsizes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Siegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I noticed during the first play after my ESSEN purchase that the flightcards from the new expansion are slightly bigger than the cards from the basegame and the first expansion. This is a big disappointment after a year delay and improvments. Am I the only one with the card size problems?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, same here. Also there are small color differences (a bit more glossy or a bit darker black)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamdealer wrote:
Yesterday I noticed during the first play after my ESSEN purchase that the flightcards from the new expansion are slightly bigger than the cards from the basegame and the first expansion. This is a big disappointment after a year delay and improvments. Am I the only one with the card size problems?

Are you sure this is regarding Big Expansion cards as well?

The very first print run of Galaxy Trucker was made by different production company which meant we had to release 'Compatibility Pack' with all the cards and cardbord tiles replaced, which was handed for free to all the owners of first edition of Galaxy Trucker. But that was never an issue with Big Expansion as it was produced long after we've changed the production company.

You can find more here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/40684/galaxy...

Filip
CGE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same issue. The Another Big Expansion cards are slightly larger, glossier and darker than those of the previous games. I own the base game and both expansions.

I had a first edition of the base game and upgraded using the upgrade kit. I dug up the cards from the first edition and they are a lot smaller still. The difference between the ABE cards and the second edition cards is not as big as that between the first edition and the second edition cards. It will definitely affect shuffling though.

The easy fix is to sleeve the cards, but I have enough issues fitting everything into the box as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy from Miniature Market and I can confirm the exact same thing the cards from ABE are slightly larger and a darker/glossier hue. I suppose its not a huge deal its not like I stare at the card before flipping it but also as previously mentioned sleeving's an option...but fitting all this crap in the box is going to be a trick already. Sad panda
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vilkata G
msg tools
karel_danek wrote:
Dreamdealer wrote:

Are you sure this is regarding Big Expansion cards as well?

The very first print run of Galaxy Trucker was made by different production company which meant we had to release 'Compatibility Pack' with all the cards and cardbord tiles replaced, which was handed for free to all the owners of first edition of Galaxy Trucker. But that was never an issue with Big Expansion as it was produced long after we've changed the production company.

You can find more here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/40684/galaxy...

Filip
CGE

I just finally got my hands on Another Big Expansion, and as soon as I mixed in the new cards, it was immediately obvious that the new cards were larger. I have both the base game and the first Big Expansion and they match just fine with each other. This is a HUGE disappointment, and after reading the forums about this problem, I'm floored to see that this issue has not been resolved and at this date is still shipping with new copies. I have no intention of sleeving the cards, I think it's a ridiculous suggestion.

Seriously, a properly cut set of these cards needs cut and released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vilkata wrote:
I have no intention of sleeving the cards, I think it's a ridiculous suggestion.

Why is that ridiculous?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Steindam
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Vilkata wrote:
I have no intention of sleeving the cards, I think it's a ridiculous suggestion.

Why is that ridiculous?

I can't speak for Vilkata, but I imagine he meant something like:

Quote:
Buying card sleeves to enhance your enjoyment or preserve a game makes sense. However, it's ridiculous to need to buy extra components just to make a game work as advertised.

(I haven't yet bought this expansion, so I can't comment yet about whether it matches my cards. I would to know how to tell, if this is a possibility.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the original german CGE edition, rio grande's the big expansion, the rio grande upgrade kit and having just mixed in Another Big Expansion, the cards are a different size, slightly bigger than the earlier cards.

I bought A.B.E. from a retailer who'd picked it up at essen with promo cards.

I also have the wrong card backs for the two evil machinations cards included in A.B.E.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.